Old 01-18-2008, 12:28 AM
Msquared

Default Xine in fullscreen mode - panel disappears (hidden behind playback window)

Hi, guys.

I've just downloaded and installed Xine from Livna by:

yum -y install xine xine-lib-extras xine-lib-extras-nonfree libdvdcss

When I hit 'f' to go fullscreen, the player window (where you see the
video stream) obscures the panel window (the window with the controls). In
fullscreen mode, the player window will also obscrire the DVD menu window,
if that's open. The panel window is not closed; if I alt-tab I can see the
panel window in the window list, but even when I select it, it's still
obscured by the player window.

On my Fedora Core 4 workstation (which I'm aiming to replace), xine's
panel window is always on top of its player window, even when in
fullscreen mode.

I've changed "Configuration experience level" to "Master of the known
universe", but still can't find an option to control this behaviour. I've
tried messing with layer_above (which doesn't seem to do anything), and
always_layer_above (which seems to put the player window above the panel
window even when not fullscreen).

At this point, I don't know if it's a bug, a change in behaviour, a
configuration setting, Fedora-specific, Livna-specific, or something else.
Any ideas about where to start looking, or how to troubleshoot it?

Regards, Msquared...