Old 07-23-2010, 03:50 AM

Default Thunderbird/Lightning won't send meeting invites any more

Julian C. Dunn wrote:
> Somewhere along the way, Thunderbird's calendar has stopped being able
> to send meeting invites to people anymore. The "Notify attendees"
> checkbox is greyed out on new appointments.
>
> Any idea how I might go about fixing/diagnosing this problem?

because you are using;

> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.10) Gecko/20100621
> Fedora/3.0.5-1.fc13 Lightning/1.0b2pre Thunderbird/3.0.5

i would suggest you join mozilla support list for calendar at;

in future, if you have problems related to any mozilla software, mozilla's
support list are found at;

not that there are not there are no knowledgeable calendar users on this
list. it is just that your problems is more related to calendar than it
is a fedora problem.

hth.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
**
**
learn linux:
'HowtoForge' http://howtoforge.com/
****

Old 07-23-2010, 04:23 AM
Michael Miles

On 07/22/2010 08:50 PM, g wrote:
> Julian C. Dunn wrote:
>
>> Somewhere along the way, Thunderbird's calendar has stopped being able
>> to send meeting invites to people anymore. The "Notify attendees"
>> checkbox is greyed out on new appointments.
>>
>> Any idea how I might go about fixing/diagnosing this problem?
>>
> because you are using;
>

>> Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.1.10) Gecko/20100621
>> Fedora/3.0.5-1.fc13 Lightning/1.0b2pre Thunderbird/3.0.5
>>
> i would suggest you join mozilla support list for calendar at;

> in future, if you have problems related to any mozilla software, mozilla's
> support list are found at;

> not that there are not there are no knowledgeable calendar users on this
> list. it is just that your problems is more related to calendar than it
> is a fedora problem.
>
> hth.

You know this kind of answer is not cool.
It's just pathetic that one simple question could not even be considered
because it's not a fedora problem
Same with nvidia and ati drivers.

People that are on those lists are not Fedora mainstay and getting help
from them gets the response " Well it's not our problem , it's a Fedora
problem.

I am really sorry nut the days of user groups and unlimited help on any
subject are gone.

So a person in this case would have sign up on Mozilla and hope to get
help on this extremely buggy software when the answer is more likely to
be given by a Fedora user.

In the case of Nvidia it's very important gor the REAL DRIVERS to be
installed as Nouveau just simply does not work 100%

I remember the C64 user groups and Amiga user groups we the best.
No problem answering questions based on Windows or Dos.

If it runs on Fedora then its a Fedora issue especially with Kernel
updates and kmods,

I'm sorry bud but help was requested by a fellow user of one of the best
OS's there is .... Fedora!!!
It would be nice if we could answer problems instead of getting the
answer being, SOL because it's not a Fedora issue.

This user group is excellent except with help on 3rd party software.

That's my two cents

I have been having a lot of buggy problems with Thunderbird myself..the
worse one is files blanking out subject lines and having to delete the
same file several times.
Double emails and list goes on.
I use it because Evolution is even worse.

Hope you get your problem solved!!!!

Old 07-23-2010, 04:26 AM
"Kevin J. Cummings"

On 07/22/2010 10:42 PM, Julian C. Dunn wrote:
> Somewhere along the way, Thunderbird's calendar has stopped being able
> to send meeting invites to people anymore. The "Notify attendees"
> checkbox is greyed out on new appointments.

I'm not seeing this behavior on the just recently updated f12
thunderbird/lightning combo. OTOH, I have a large button to push for
inviting attendees. After I invite one, the notify attendees box
appears already checked for me.

> Any idea how I might go about fixing/diagnosing this problem?
>
> I'm on Fedora 13 with Thunderbird as follows:

I'm on F12 x86_64, with 3.0.6-1 thunderbird, and 1.0-0.23.20090916hg
lightning.

--
Kevin J. Cummings
kjchome@rcn.com

Old 07-23-2010, 06:52 AM

Michael Miles wrote:
<snip>

> You know this kind of answer is not cool.

this is true. but it is a cold hard fact.

you have a right to have such an opinion, just as i have a right to believe
that a fedora user would have a better chance of getting help from a list
that is dedicate to mozilla software that poster is having trouble with.

even if majority of them use ms bs os.

so which is more important, staying with fedora list and chancing not
getting help for problem, or using a tech support list that is likely
to give an answer?

no one can know everything about every thing. even tho some think they do.

<snip>

> That's my two cents

and a good value.

> I have been having a lot of buggy problems with Thunderbird myself..the
> worse one is files blanking out subject lines and having to delete the
> same file several times.

start another thread with more detail info about your problem and i will
try to give you an answer. not that i consider myself to be any kind of
thunderbird wizard, but i do help a lot on mozilla tsl's.
[tho right now i am being censored and my replies are being delayed. :P]

plus, if your problems have been discussed, i may recall them and be able
to help you.

if not, you should consider posting to mozilla tsl. do not let pride
cause you pain.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
**
**

Old 07-23-2010, 11:45 AM
Genes MailLists

On 07/23/2010 02:52 AM, g wrote:
> Michael Miles wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> You know this kind of answer is not cool.
>
> this is true. but it is a cold hard fact.

I agree with Miles - if you have nothing useful to say don't say it.

This is the list for users of fedora - OP is using fedora - question
is fine.

Answeers saying go away are beyond futile, hostile and a waste of
everyone's time.

I'm sorry you're having trouble with enigmail. There are a few things
to try since a lot of people do not have trouble using calendar with TB

Ttry installing the stock fedora versions of TB and enigmail (from rpm
fusion repo) and see if those help - if you are using stock TB (I think
you are) then try the version of enigmail that is available at the
rpmfusion-free repo - if you have the rpm fusion repo already on your
machine just

yum install thunderbird-enigmail

See if that helps. Let us know and we'll go from there.

gene

Old 07-23-2010, 05:08 PM

Genes MailLists wrote:
<snip>

> I agree with Miles - if you have nothing useful to say don't say it.

i did have something useful to say, which was that op would likely find
better help with his problem if he used lightning tsl to get help for
his problem.

> This is the list for users of fedora - OP is using fedora - question
> is fine.

yes, it is a fine question to place on this list. and i offered op help
with his problem by suggesting how to get an answer.

just what have you done to help op?

all you are doing is further criticizing me. how is that helping op?

> Answeers saying go away are beyond futile, hostile and a waste of
> everyone's time.

not in this case.

> I'm sorry you're having trouble with enigmail. There are a few things
> to try since a lot of people do not have trouble using calendar with TB

i made no mention of having problem with enigmail.

what does enigmail have to do with problems with calendar?

very un-rational thinking.

> Ttry installing the stock fedora versions of TB and enigmail (from rpm
> fusion repo) and see if those help

i am running 'stock' enigmail and 'stock' thunderbird, along with 'stock'
gnu pgp.

> See if that helps. Let us know and we'll go from there.

no need to go further.

in closing, kafba.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.

.

****
**
**
**

Old 07-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Genes MailLists

On 07/23/2010 01:08 PM, g wrote:

>> Ttry installing the stock fedora versions of TB and enigmail (from rpm
>> fusion repo) and see if those help

Typo/simple mistake - meant lightning which is in fedora repo not rpm
fusion.

And this part of email was for OP not 'g'.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:42 AM
"Julian C. Dunn"

On 07/23/2010 01:26 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 07/23/2010 01:08 PM, g wrote:
>

>>> Ttry installing the stock fedora versions of TB and enigmail (from rpm
>>> fusion repo) and see if those help
>
> Typo/simple mistake - meant lightning which is in fedora repo not rpm
> fusion.
>
> And this part of email was for OP not 'g'.

It's ok guys... meeting invite sending seems to work again with:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.2.7) Gecko/20100720
Fedora/3.1.1-1.fc13 Lightning/1.0b2pre Thunderbird/3.1.1

I'll assume it was just a transient bug.

And yes, I'm perfectly capable of posting to the Thunderbird lists but
since Fedora often patches upstream vendor software I thought I'd ask
here first.

- Julian