Old 07-16-2010, 03:16 PM
Ed Greshko

Default Workspace switcher crashes at 20

On 07/16/2010 10:20 PM, (Ted Harding) wrote:

> Therefore it would seem that there is a substantial bug in
> Gnome in Fedora 13.
>
> Has anyone else experienced this? What do the Fedora people
> say about it?

I'm a KDE user...but gave it a try. Got a metacity crash at 18
workspaces when doing ctrl-alt-< or >.

So, if I were you, I'd file a bugzilla.

--
I was playing poker the other night... with Tarot cards. I got a full
house and 4 people died. -- Steven Wright 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段

Old 07-16-2010, 05:01 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:16:41 +0800, Ed wrote:

> On 07/16/2010 10:20 PM, (Ted Harding) wrote:
> >
> > Therefore it would seem that there is a substantial bug in
> > Gnome in Fedora 13.
> >
> > Has anyone else experienced this? What do the Fedora people
> > say about it?
> >

> I'm a KDE user...but gave it a try. Got a metacity crash at 18
> workspaces when doing ctrl-alt-< or >.
>
> So, if I were you, I'd file a bugzilla.

With Rawhide, it here crashes at 17:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/615400

Old 07-16-2010, 06:28 PM
David

> On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 23:16:41 +0800, Ed wrote:
>
>> On 07/16/2010 10:20 PM, (Ted Harding) wrote:
>>>
>>> Therefore it would seem that there is a substantial bug in
>>> Gnome in Fedora 13.
>>>
>>> Has anyone else experienced this? What do the Fedora people
>>> say about it?
>>>

>> I'm a KDE user...but gave it a try. Got a metacity crash at 18
>> workspaces when doing ctrl-alt-< or >.
>>
>> So, if I were you, I'd file a bugzilla.
>
> With Rawhide, it here crashes at 17:
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/615400

Unless this has changed in the way that workspaces 'work' each workspace
takes a significant amount of resources. Resources are finite, which
depends on the machine, both hardware and software, eye candy running,
etc, and eventually you will run out of resources.

--

David

Old 07-16-2010, 06:42 PM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 16 Jul 2010 14:28:51 -0400, David wrote:

> On 7/16/2010 1:01 PM, Michael Schwendt wrote:

> >> I'm a KDE user...but gave it a try. Got a metacity crash at 18
> >> workspaces when doing ctrl-alt-< or >.
> >>
> >> So, if I were you, I'd file a bugzilla.
> >
> > With Rawhide, it here crashes at 17:
> > https://bugzilla.redhat.com/615400
>

> Unless this has changed in the way that workspaces 'work' each workspace
> takes a significant amount of resources. Resources are finite, which
> depends on the machine, both hardware and software, eye candy running,
> etc, and eventually you will run out of resources.

Unlikely, since it only crashes when using CTRL+Alt+CURSOR keys,
whereas I can switch workspaces with the mouse and the Workspace Switcher
just fine.

The dupes collecting ticket is this:
https://bugzilla.redhat.com/596747

Old 07-16-2010, 07:44 PM

<<< application/octet-stream; name="encrypted.asc": Unrecognized >>>

Old 07-17-2010, 04:26 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan