-   -   Error Loading Operating System after install (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/398705-error-loading-operating-system-after-install.html)

JD 07-13-2010 05:25 PM

On 07/13/2010 10:09 AM, boaz shnapp wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I just installed Fedora 13 x86_64 on Intel s4500sf server board with
> hardware raid and 8Gb memory.
> The installer did not report any error.
> After installation completed and reboot I got the message:
> “Error Loading Operating System”
>
> I tried installation with no raid I doesn’t work.
>
> I tried to use the rescue option i sew that the system was installed,
> it seems that the boot is not installed properly.
>
> I tried to install with no boot loader but it doesn't work as well.
>
> Can someone help.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Boaz
Using rescue cd, boot rescu cd and
let the rescue cd mount the fedora on /mnt/sysimage
then
1- chroot /mnt/sysimage
2- grub-install --recheck /dev/sda (assuming that is your installed
device)

If /dev/sda is not present, then you need to exit chroot (just type exit)
and
ls -l /dev/sda
Note the major and minor numbers.
now chroot again, and cd /dev
mknod sda b <major> <minor>
Use the major and minor number you saw when you did ls -l /dev/sda

Good luck