Old 07-13-2010, 02:04 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

Default cifs mount in fstab no longer works

I just did a yum update and now my cifs mount in my fstab no longer mounts
at boot automatically and messages contains no errors.

I recall the _nnetdev option from a while ago but removed it as it was no
longer used AFAIK and adding back in confirmed that, messages shows it as
unknown.

fstab is as follows for this mount:
//10.0.0.5/Data /home/xxx/Samba cifs username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=500,gid=500 0 0

Any ideas what may have changed?
Thanks,
jlc

Old 07-13-2010, 04:14 PM
JD

On 07/13/2010 07:04 AM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
> I just did a yum update and now my cifs mount in my fstab no longer mounts
> at boot automatically and messages contains no errors.
>
> I recall the _nnetdev option from a while ago but removed it as it was no
> longer used AFAIK and adding back in confirmed that, messages shows it as
> unknown.
>
> fstab is as follows for this mount:
> //10.0.0.5/Data /home/xxx/Samba cifs
> username=xxx,password=xxx,uid=500,gid=500 0 0
>
> Any ideas what may have changed?
> Thanks,
> jlc

What happens if you manually enter this:

mount -t cifs -o rw,uid=500,gid=500 username=xxx,password=xxx
//10.0.0.5/Data /home/xxx/Samba

Old 07-13-2010, 05:10 PM
"Joseph L. Casale"

>What happens if you manually enter this:
>
>mount -t cifs -o rw,uid=500,gid=500 username=xxx,password=xxx
>//10.0.0.5/Data /home/xxx/Samba

Hi,
That and/or `mount -a` works fine, seems like a timing issue wrt
to networking possibly?

Thanks!
jlc

Old 07-13-2010, 05:28 PM
JD

On 07/13/2010 10:10 AM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> What happens if you manually enter this:
>>
>> mount -t cifs -o rw,uid=500,gid=500 username=xxx,password=xxx
>> //10.0.0.5/Data /home/xxx/Samba
> Hi,
> That and/or `mount -a` works fine, seems like a timing issue wrt
> to networking possibly?
>
> Thanks!
> jlc
I just checked the cifs mount command.
It is expecting: user=
and not username=

If you use the option
credentials=filename

then filename must contain
username=value
password=value
domain=value

I think domain is optional or can be empty

Old 07-13-2010, 05:30 PM
JD

On 07/13/2010 10:10 AM, Joseph L. Casale wrote:
>> What happens if you manually enter this:
>>
>> mount -t cifs -o rw,uid=500,gid=500 username=xxx,password=xxx
>> //10.0.0.5/Data /home/xxx/Samba
> Hi,
> That and/or `mount -a` works fine, seems like a timing issue wrt
> to networking possibly?
>
> Thanks!
> jlc
username= works too ... turns out