Old 07-12-2010, 06:43 PM
Bruno Wolff III

Default Fedora 13 freezes on Vostro 3700 - how to diagnose and fix?

On Mon, Jul 12, 2010 at 15:49:21 +0100,
Chris January <chris@atomice.net> wrote:

> What can I do to diagnose the problem? Should I file a bug in Bugzilla? If
> so, what component should it be filed under?

I think based on your description there is a real bug, so filling out a
bugzilla entry will help track the issue. It seems like it is most likely
a kernel related bug, so that's probably the place to file it.

You probably want to determine if you computer has crashed or if a lot of
it is locked up, but a few things are still working. Pinging it from another
machine is a good way to test that.

> I can test new kernels, but only from a USB stick as I don't want to
> replace the Ubuntu install until I'm sure Fedora will work.

You might try using an F12 live image to see if it is a recent change that
is causing the problem.