Old 07-12-2010, 04:59 PM
mike cloaked

Default App Inventor for Android and Fedora (not) ! (partly off topic)

I was quite excited when I had an email from my brother pointing me to
the new Android "App Inventor" that Google has released as a beta
allowing easy development of apps for android phones - that is until I
discovered that they appear only to have made provision for linux if
.deb packages can be installed on your computer - I only run Fedora so
it would seem that without rpm install of their programming
environment Fedora users are closed out!

Anyone else have any thoughts on this? Is there a way to get this
stuff running in an up to date Fedora system? Not strictly a Fedora
issue but if you are a Fedora user you may well be interested - hence
posting this in the Fedora list.

--
mike c