Old 07-11-2010, 11:13 PM
Athmane Madjoudj

Default Firefox memory problem on Fedora 13

Hello all,

I have updated my system to Fedora 13 i686 after release of F13, now
when i download some thing with Firefox it eat up a lot of memory -
about 800MB when downloading a 700 MB ISO file -

i have solved this by using wget instead of Firefox download manager.

Many users have this issue with different platforms and OS - see [1]-

I want to ask the fedora users before i fill a bug.

does anyone has this issue in F13 ?

Version of firefox:
firefox-3.6.4-1.fc13.i686

[1] https://support.mozilla.com/en-US/forum/1/659353

Regards.

--
Athmane Madjoudj

Old 07-12-2010, 05:22 AM
JB

Athmane Madjoudj <athmanem <at> gmail.com> writes:

> Hello all,
>
> I have updated my system to Fedora 13 i686 after release of F13, now
> when i download some thing with Firefox it eat up a lot of memory -
> about 800MB when downloading a 700 MB ISO file -

My 'top' output line when doing ~700 MB iso file download:
21544 jb 20 0 447m 60m 25m S 5.3 8.1 2:14.42 firefox

Remember that this is the sum of all open FF windows/tabs. So make sure you
understand what FF id doing before you file a bug.
Also helpful:
- ps aux |grep -i firefox
- top then Ctl-M to sort output by memory use
- stop download, close/re-open FF, resume download
JB

Old 07-12-2010, 01:39 PM
Athmane Madjoudj

On 07/12/2010 06:22 AM, JB wrote:
> Remember that this is the sum of all open FF windows/tabs. So make sure you
> understand what FF id doing before you file a bug.

i had opening only one tab.

> Also helpful:
> - ps aux |grep -i firefox
> - top then Ctl-M to sort output by memory use
> - stop download, close/re-open FF, resume download

I already do.

I thinks is a false positive because it happened only with one site

--
Athmane Madjoudj