Old 07-11-2010, 04:03 PM
Dave Cross

Default F12 -> F13. Preupgrade Error

I'm trying to use preupgrade to upgrade my Dell Studio XPS from Fedora
12 to Fedora 13.

It got through the bit where it downloads all of the required data
from the internet and prompts me to reboot the PC.

I reboot the PC and select "upgrade to Goddard" from the grub menu.

After a while, I then get the message:

"Unable to find any device of the type needed for this installation
type. Would you like to manually select your driver or use a driver
disk."

There's an option to choose a driver from a list. But the list as huge
and seems to contain entries for all sorts of drivers - network cards,
storage devices, probably others - I don't know what I should be
choosing.

Can anyone suggest what might be going wrong here? And what I can do to fix it.

Thanks,

Dave...