Old 07-10-2010, 02:18 AM
Thomas Taylor

Default Where to find documentation for KPackageKit

Hi folks:

In KPackageKit there is a help button in the lower left corner but it's greyed
out and doesn't respond to mouse clicks. Where else can I obtain help with
this program? I've searched in Start > Help and on KDE site but haven't found
anything.

I want some documentation about using KPackageKit which is not very intuitive
IMO. Things like what the symbols mean or what programs are already installed
(not by rpm) such as OpenOffice.

A link to documentation would be ideal.

Thanks, Tom

--
Tom Taylor - retired penguin
openSuSE 11.3-RC2 x86_64

Old 07-10-2010, 01:31 PM
Richard Heck

On 07/09/2010 10:18 PM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> Hi folks:
>
> In KPackageKit there is a help button in the lower left corner but it's greyed
> out and doesn't respond to mouse clicks. Where else can I obtain help with
> this program? I've searched in Start> Help and on KDE site but haven't found
> anything.
>
> I want some documentation about using KPackageKit which is not very intuitive
> IMO.

Have you tried posting a message on the kde-apps page for it? Here:
http://kde-apps.org/content/show.php/KPackageKit?content=84745
The author seems active on that page.

> Things like what the symbols mean

If you mean the icons in the taskbar, if you click on them, then you'll
see an explanation of what they mean.

> or what programs are already installed (not by rpm) such as OpenOffice.

What do you mean by this last bit? KPackageKit is only going to tell you
about packages installed via the package manager, i.e., by rpm.

Richard