Old 01-17-2008, 09:34 AM
Christoph Höger

Default cups does not get uri

Hi,

I have a a problem with my cups configuration.
We have a debian cups server at work.

The problem: fedora cups (1.3.4) finds all remote printers
out-of-the-box which is fine. but the URIs are file://dev/null what is
obviously not a good thing.

Adding the printers manually works.

My coworkers get their clients working without having to make manual
changes. They use cups-1.3.5. Is that a regression to 1.3.4 or a fedora
specific bug?

regards

christoph

Old 01-17-2008, 09:41 AM
Tim Waugh

On Thu, 2008-01-17 at 11:34 +0100, Christoph Höger wrote:
> My coworkers get their clients working without having to make manual
> changes. They use cups-1.3.5. Is that a regression to 1.3.4 or a fedora
> specific bug?

One way to find out would be to try the test update:

yum --enablerepo=updates-testing update 'cups*'

Tim.
*/