Old 07-09-2010, 12:39 PM
William Case

Default Lost my 3D and don't no where to find it !?!

Hi;

Installed Fedora 13 with nouveau driver and added
mesa-dri-drivers-experimental. Played around with compiz then removed
nouveau and replaced it with nvidia to see how that would look.
Preferred the look I got with nouveau, removed nvidia and reinstalled
nouveau and mesa-dri-drivers-experimental. My 3D is no longer recognized
by compiz.

rpm -qi says both drivers are installed.

lsmod | grep mesa-dri-drivers-experimental returns nothing
lsmod | grep nouveau shows driver

Does anybody know what is happening and how to fix it?

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 13, Gnome 2.30.2

Old 07-09-2010, 03:27 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 08:39:17 -0400
William Case <billlinux@rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> Installed Fedora 13 with nouveau driver and added
> mesa-dri-drivers-experimental. Played around with compiz then removed
> nouveau and replaced it with nvidia to see how that would look.
> Preferred the look I got with nouveau, removed nvidia and reinstalled
> nouveau and mesa-dri-drivers-experimental. My 3D is no longer
> recognized by compiz.
>
> rpm -qi says both drivers are installed.
>
> lsmod | grep mesa-dri-drivers-experimental returns nothing
> lsmod | grep nouveau shows driver
>
> Does anybody know what is happening and how to fix it?

Try:

http://fedorasolved.org/Members/dcr226/nouveau-kmods-mesa-dri-exper/

kevin