Old 01-17-2008, 08:38 AM
"Erdal YAZICIOGLU"

Default DNS Installation

Hi,

I am so new to list and Fedora. Is there a good tutorial that I can build
DNS from ground on Fedora 8.

Best Regards

Ed

Old 01-17-2008, 09:36 AM
Brian Chadwick

Erdal YAZICIOGLU wrote:

Hi,

I am so new to list and Fedora. Is there a good tutorial that I can build
DNS from ground on Fedora 8.

Best Regards

Ed

firstly .... google is your friend ... learn to search .. there is heaps
about linux on the web.

now ... The Linux Documentation Project is a good place to start reading
... http://www.tldp.org/

specifically ... http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/DNS-HOWTO.html

Old 01-17-2008, 09:43 AM
"Erdal YAZICIOGLU"

Hi Brian,

Thank you for your reply. I have done some google search and I have some
docs. I asked only because I get a better source.

I will check the link that you provided..

Thanks again

Old 01-17-2008, 10:43 AM
Sur

* Erdal YAZICIOGLU wrote, On 01/17/2008 11:38 AM:
> Hi,
>
> I am so new to list and Fedora. Is there a good tutorial that I can build
> DNS from ground on Fedora 8.
>
> Best Regards
>
> Ed

What do you mean by "build DNS"? Do you want to build DNS related
packages from source? Or, do you want to install and configure DNS service?
For the latter, I suggest you read Deployment Guide from RHEL, here's a
start:
http://www.centos.org/docs/5/html/5.1/Deployment_Guide/ch-bind.html