Old 07-08-2010, 09:32 PM
William Case

Default Trying to find startup script that loads appliecations in the gnome-sessons app ?!?

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 14:06 -0600, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 15:53:54 -0400
> William Case <billlinux@rogers.com> wrote:
>

> > xev | grep -m 1 ReparentNotify; firefox & xchat-gnome &
>
> Lets step back a bit. What is your high level goal here?

Looking for a more elegant solution than just writing a 'sleep' script
to use in session-mangaer

> gnome should remember and restart your firefox and xchat-gnome on
> login. Does it not do so?

Yes.

> Or can you elaborate on what you are trying to do further?

I am using compiz to place and position certain applications'windows.
Firefox and xchat-gnome start before compiz, and so aren't placed or
positioned properly at startup.

All other decorating takes place as soon as compiz is loaded; other
programs are placed and positioned properly but are initiated later in
the start process. Firefox and xchat-gnome are placed and positioned
properly if closed and reopened.

I received the above suggested line from members of my local Lug after
about an hour conferring on xchat-gnome.

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 13, Gnome 2.30.2

Old 07-08-2010, 09:37 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 17:32:25 -0400
William Case <billlinux@rogers.com> wrote:

...snip...

> > Or can you elaborate on what you are trying to do further?
>
> I am using compiz to place and position certain applications'windows.
> Firefox and xchat-gnome start before compiz, and so aren't placed or
> positioned properly at startup.
>
> All other decorating takes place as soon as compiz is loaded; other
> programs are placed and positioned properly but are initiated later in
> the start process. Firefox and xchat-gnome are placed and positioned
> properly if closed and reopened.
>
> I received the above suggested line from members of my local Lug after
> about an hour conferring on xchat-gnome.

How about taking a look at devilspie?

% yum info devilspie

Name : devilspie
Arch : x86_64