Old 07-08-2010, 09:14 PM
JB

Default Trying to find startup script that loads appliecations in the gnome-sessons app ?!?

JB <jurek.bajor <at> gmail.com> writes:

> William Case <billlinux <at> rogers.com> writes:
>

> > Hi;
> >
> > I want to add a line to the script that starts the programs listed in
> > gnome-session-manager. There must be (??) an rc.d script or something
> > like it that starts a list of startup programs kept somewhere. I can't
> > find it.
> >
> > I have had the following script line suggested to me.
> >
> > xev | grep -m 1 ReparentNotify; firefox & xchat-gnome &
> >
> I think it is done via
> System -> Preferences -> Startup Applications
> which is equivalent to /usr/bin/gnome-session-properties .
> JB

One more possibility, if you insist on scripts:
ls -al /etc/X11/xinit/
There you find Xclients script that is a driver for dir Xclients.d
that may contain custom scripts.
ls -al /etc/X11/xinit/Xclients.d/
So place your script in there.
JB