Old 07-08-2010, 07:53 PM
William Case

Default Trying to find startup script that loads appliecations in the gnome-sessons app ?!?

Hi;

I want to add a line to the script that starts the programs listed in
gnome-session-manager. There must be (??) an rc.d script or something
like it that starts a list of startup programs kept somewhere. I can't
find it.

I have had the following script line suggested to me.

xev | grep -m 1 ReparentNotify; firefox & xchat-gnome &

--
Regards Bill
Fedora 13, Gnome 2.30.2

Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM
Kevin Fenzi

On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 15:53:54 -0400
William Case <billlinux@rogers.com> wrote:

> Hi;
>
> I want to add a line to the script that starts the programs listed in
> gnome-session-manager. There must be (??) an rc.d script or something
> like it that starts a list of startup programs kept somewhere. I
> can't find it.
>
> I have had the following script line suggested to me.
>
> xev | grep -m 1 ReparentNotify; firefox & xchat-gnome &

Lets step back a bit. What is your high level goal here?

gnome should remember and restart your firefox and xchat-gnome on
login. Does it not do so?

Or can you elaborate on what you are trying to do further?

kevin