Old 07-08-2010, 05:15 PM
Alan Nicoll

Default Problem loading linux drivers for audio on motherboard

I have determined my sound problem (no S/PDIF output) is due to not having the right drivers loaded.* The install.sh file that comes with the motherboard will not run; this code fails:

#Check if user have installed the kernel source

echo "Second, please make sure you have installed the kernel source."
if [ -L /lib/modules/$KERNEL_VER/source -a -L /lib/modules/$KERNEL_VER/build ]
* then echo "It's OK."
else echo "You haven't installed the kernel source." && exit 1

fi

This fails because the links to 'source' and 'build' in /lib/modules/2.6.33.3-85.fc13.x86_64 are broken:

**** This link cannot be used, because its target "../../../usr/src/kernels/2.6.33.3-85.fc13.x86_64" doesn't exist.

So now I'm a little lost as to what I need to do next.* My searches for info have returned some instructions for how to build a 'hello world' smple kernel module but I'm more interested in figuring out what module(s) are missing and how to install them.

Nick

Old 07-08-2010, 05:46 PM
Stephen Gallagher