Old 07-08-2010, 08:04 AM
"Michael D. Setzer II"

Default Method to upgrade from live install to DVD install package setup?

I installed Fedora 13 from the live CD and have found many packages
missing that would be installed with the normal process from the DVD
images.

Normally, I do use the DVD and do a preupgrade on one test machine and a
clean install on another and usually use the clean install setup after figuring
all the differences.

In this case, I am 17 timezones behind my normal location (GMT+10 to
GMT-7), so don't have the access to systems I normally do.

So, far I've installed the OpenOffice, Samba to get printing to a windows box,
and found that ftp wasn't install by default?

Only solution might be to reinstall from a DVD image, but that means doing
all the updates again.

Thanks.

Michael D. Setzer II - Computer Science Instructor
Guam Community College Computer Center
mailto:mikes@kuentos.guam.net
mailto:msetzerii@gmail.com
http://www.guam.net/home/mikes
Guam - Where America's Day Begins

Number of Seti Units Returned: 19,471
Processing time: 32 years, 290 days, 12 hours, 58 minutes
(Total Hours: 287,489)

BOINC@HOME CREDITS
SETI 9763292.210122 | EINSTEIN 4142549.740851
ROSETTA 2027290.462519 | ABC 1443090.360569

Old 07-08-2010, 09:02 AM
fedora

Can't you do a diff between the yum logs or anaconca.logs of both
installations and

yum install `cat /positive.diff`
yum remove `cat /nevative.diff`

suomi