Old 07-08-2010, 07:36 AM
JD

Default F13 system-config-services crash

On 07/07/2010 11:56 PM, JB wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed in system-config-services graphical display two unneeded "services"
> that were leftover from livecd installation, namely livesys and livesys-late.
> They show up in system-config-services, but they should not; they could not be
> stopped/disabled there as well.
>
> Note: from now on I kept the system-config-services graphical display open.
>
> I removed the "services" manually in a terminal
> chkconfig --del livesys
> chkconfig --del livesys-late
> After that I removed their init scripts
> rm /etc/init.d/livesys*
> As a result, the package system-config-services-0.99.46-1.fc13 crashed.
>
> Regards,
> JB

Did you do the manual removal while system-config-services was running?
If so, of course it will crash because it does not lock it's resources
to prevent
what you did manually (for example, ala yum which locks the database so
another yum will not disturb the database).

Cheers,

JD

Old 07-08-2010, 09:18 AM
Rahul Sundaram

On 07/08/2010 12:26 PM, JB wrote:
> Hi,
> I noticed in system-config-services graphical display two unneeded "services"
> that were leftover from livecd installation, namely livesys and livesys-late.
> They show up in system-config-services, but they should not; they could not be
> stopped/disabled there as well.
>
> Note: from now on I kept the system-config-services graphical display open.
>
> I removed the "services" manually in a terminal
> chkconfig --del livesys
> chkconfig --del livesys-late
> After that I removed their init scripts
> rm /etc/init.d/livesys*
> As a result, the package system-config-services-0.99.46-1.fc13 crashed.

Always report bugs in http://bugzilla.redhat.com. It reaches the
developers and they can fix the crash.

Rahul

Old 07-08-2010, 10:01 AM
JB

Rahul Sundaram <metherid <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On 07/08/2010 12:26 PM, JB wrote:
>
> Always report bugs in http://bugzilla.redhat.com. It reaches the
> developers and they can fix the crash.
>
> Rahul