Old 07-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Steve Blackwell

Default Missing ephiphany plugin?

I think I'm missing a plugin or two for ephiphany.

After upgrading from F11->F12 some web pages display blank areas where
(presumably) a picture should be. An example is

http://www.licklibrary.com/classifieds_rolandad.aspx

The main part of the page is blank for me. It used to work in F11. Is it
even called ephiphany any more? Help->About shows "Web Browser 2.28.2".

Typing aboutlugins in the location bar gives me an empty page and
yet /usr/lib/plugins has these:

# ls /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins
libflashplayer.so librhythmbox-itms-detection-plugin.so
libtotem-gmp-plugin.so libtotem-narrowspace-plugin.so
libjavaplugin.so libtotem-cone-plugin.so libtotem-mully-plugin.so
mozplugger.so

What am I missing?

Thanks,
Steve

--
Changing lives one card at a time

http://www.send1cardnow.com

Old 07-07-2010, 12:53 PM
Steve Blackwell

On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:09:31 -0400
Steve Blackwell <zephod@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> I think I'm missing a plugin or two for ephiphany.
>
> After upgrading from F11->F12 some web pages display blank areas where
> (presumably) a picture should be. An example is
>
> http://www.licklibrary.com/classifieds_rolandad.aspx

BTW this page is OK in Firefox.

Steve

Old 07-08-2010, 06:33 PM
Steve Blackwell

On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 08:53:54 -0400
Steve Blackwell <zephod@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:09:31 -0400
> Steve Blackwell <zephod@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > I think I'm missing a plugin or two for ephiphany.
> >
> > After upgrading from F11->F12 some web pages display blank areas
> > where (presumably) a picture should be. An example is
> >
> > http://www.licklibrary.com/classifieds_rolandad.aspx
> >
> BTW this page is OK in Firefox.
>
> Steve

Hmmm... No answers.

Perhaps it is because I mis-spelled epiphany?
Perhaps it is because no one wants to go to the web site I gave? It is
an ad for a guitar gizmo. I'm not trying to promote it. Its just a site
that doesn't work for me.
Perhaps it is because no one cares?

Steve

Old 07-08-2010, 08:08 PM
stan

I respond to your heartfelt plea. :-)

On Thu, 8 Jul 2010 14:33:47 -0400
Steve Blackwell <zephod@cfl.rr.com> wrote:

> On Wed, 7 Jul 2010 08:53:54 -0400
> Steve Blackwell <zephod@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 6 Jul 2010 22:09:31 -0400
> > Steve Blackwell <zephod@cfl.rr.com> wrote:
> >
> > > I think I'm missing a plugin or two for ephiphany.
> > >
> > > After upgrading from F11->F12 some web pages display blank areas
> > > where (presumably) a picture should be. An example is
> > >
> > > http://www.licklibrary.com/classifieds_rolandad.aspx

F12 x86_64, Gnome. Epiphany, which I don't use but have installed,
starts fine. Upon loading the page above it gets a segmentation fault.
This could just have to do with configuration, but seems like a problem.
I think you should open a bugzilla.

> > BTW this page is OK in Firefox.

here too

> Hmmm... No answers.
>
> Perhaps it is because no one cares?

I suspect this is the right one. I just don't use this browser, and
because FF works (for you too), it seems low priority.

Old 07-09-2010, 08:06 AM
birger

On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 14:33 -0400, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> Perhaps it is because no one cares?

Epiphany wouldn't exist if nobody cared. I guess it's just that epiphany
isn't used by a lot of those who frequent this mailing list. There don't
seem to be any epiphany maintainers here either.

bz it ( http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs_and_feature_requests ). That
will reach the Fedora package maintainer. Or go upstream to find the
epiphany developers. http://projects.gnome.org/epiphany/

birger

Old 07-09-2010, 08:44 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:06:08 +0200, birger wrote:

> On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 14:33 -0400, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> > Perhaps it is because no one cares?
>
> Epiphany wouldn't exist if nobody cared. I guess it's just that epiphany
> isn't used by a lot of those who frequent this mailing list. There don't
> seem to be any epiphany maintainers here either.
>
> bz it ( http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs_and_feature_requests ). That
> will reach the Fedora package maintainer. Or go upstream to find the
> epiphany developers. http://projects.gnome.org/epiphany/
>
> birger

Check out http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/epiphany

It also contains a direct link for opening a new ticket quickly.

Old 07-09-2010, 02:20 PM
Steve Blackwell

On Fri, 9 Jul 2010 10:44:41 +0200
Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, 09 Jul 2010 10:06:08 +0200, birger wrote:
>
> > On Thu, 2010-07-08 at 14:33 -0400, Steve Blackwell wrote:
> > > Perhaps it is because no one cares?
> >
> > Epiphany wouldn't exist if nobody cared. I guess it's just that
> > epiphany isn't used by a lot of those who frequent this mailing
> > list. There don't seem to be any epiphany maintainers here either.
> >
> > bz it ( http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Bugs_and_feature_requests ).
> > That will reach the Fedora package maintainer. Or go upstream to
> > find the epiphany developers. http://projects.gnome.org/epiphany/
> >
> > birger
>
> Check out http://bugz.fedoraproject.org/epiphany
>
> It also contains a direct link for opening a new ticket quickly.

Thanks for the replies.

I've always liked epiphany; it's clean and simple. However it's not much
use if it doesn't work! Based on the link you gave me it looks like they
have lots of crash bugs.

I signed up to the mailing list. Hopefully I can get some help there.

Steve