Old 07-07-2010, 12:48 AM
Mike Williams

Default F13 has reached "it rocks" status !

On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@gmail.com> wrote:

Just a quick note to say that F13 now rocks ! *It works really, really

well. *Very fast, solid and slick.

Keep up the good work, people.

I second that opinion.* There have been some glitches, but that's to be expected.

One area where I've noticed significant improvement is selinux.* This is the first release where I haven't just given up and run selinux in permissive mode.* In fact in some earlier releases I just disabled selinux altogether.* As of f13 with selinux in enforcing mode, the most I've had to do is run restorecon -R -v when I copy new files into the apache tree.

Nice work!

Cheers,

Mike

Old 07-07-2010, 07:15 AM
Linuxguy123

On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 20:48 -0400, Mike Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> Just a quick note to say that F13 now rocks ! It works
> really, really
> well. Very fast, solid and slick.
>
> Keep up the good work, people.
>
> I second that opinion. There have been some glitches, but that's to
> be expected.
>
> One area where I've noticed significant improvement is selinux. This
> is the first release where I haven't just given up and run selinux in
> permissive mode. In fact in some earlier releases I just disabled
> selinux altogether. As of f13 with selinux in enforcing mode, the
> most I've had to do is run restorecon -R -v when I copy new files into
> the apache tree.

I love ABRT. I reported 2 crashes that I wouldn't have otherwise using
it. I am sure that ABRT will increase the stability of Linux over time
because more things will get reported, better.

Fedora is really getting slick and solid. KDE too. Better and better
each release. I ran Windows 7 on my wifes laptop for a day. YUCK !

I can't wait to see the next KDE release go stable.

LG

Old 07-07-2010, 12:12 PM
"n2xssvv.g02gfr12930"

On 07/07/2010 08:15 AM, Linuxguy123 wrote:
> On Tue, 2010-07-06 at 20:48 -0400, Mike Williams wrote:
>> On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123@gmail.com>
>> wrote:
>> Just a quick note to say that F13 now rocks ! It works
>> really, really
>> well. Very fast, solid and slick.
>>
>> Keep up the good work, people.
>>
>> I second that opinion. There have been some glitches, but that's to
>> be expected.
>>
>> One area where I've noticed significant improvement is selinux. This
>> is the first release where I haven't just given up and run selinux in
>> permissive mode. In fact in some earlier releases I just disabled
>> selinux altogether. As of f13 with selinux in enforcing mode, the
>> most I've had to do is run restorecon -R -v when I copy new files into
>> the apache tree.
>
> I love ABRT. I reported 2 crashes that I wouldn't have otherwise using
> it. I am sure that ABRT will increase the stability of Linux over time
> because more things will get reported, better.
>
> Fedora is really getting slick and solid. KDE too. Better and better
> each release. I ran Windows 7 on my wifes laptop for a day. YUCK !
>
> I can't wait to see the next KDE release go stable.
>
> LG

I've found fedora to be mostly stable, but I have one minor problem with
13, when logging out, (KDE), the logout sound is garbled. That said, the
new KNetworkmanager is the business, simplifying network configuration
immensely, I'd recommend folks to try it. As for KDE, I've been using it
since Fedora core 2, and apart from the initial KDE 4 release, which I
delayed due to instability reports, it's served me well. Oh, by the way,
KDE 4 development is made even simpler with the addition of KDevelop 4,
even if the use of cmake seems a pain, I can assure you with a little
effort you'll be fine. Related to that I should mention the many useful
developments in the Qt cross platform development kit are also pleasing
to this C++ geek.

cpp4ever

Old 07-15-2010, 07:23 PM
Linuxguy123

On Wed, 2010-07-07 at 13:12 +0100, n2xssvv.g02gfr12930 wrote:
> Related to that I should mention the many useful
> developments in the Qt cross platform development kit are also
> pleasing
> to this C++ geek.

Please tell us more. I too am interested in C cross platform
development using Qt.