Old 07-05-2010, 10:30 PM
Gerhard Magnus

Default problem with dual monitors

I've just installed FC13 on a box with a nVidia GeForce7300GS graphics
card into which I've plugged two monitors. The driver is the one
selected by the installation program. I'm using the gnome desktop

Here's the problem (which I didn't have with FC11): When I turn on the
system only one monitor shows the panel and desktop icons. If I turn on
the second monitor after booting up I lose the panel and desktop icons
on the first monitor.

Is there some way of "nailing down" the monitor on which the panel and
desktop icons are displayed? I only need them on one monitor -- it's
just some consistency that I'd like.

Thanks for the help!
Jerry