-   -   Connection activation failed: Device not managed by NetworkManager (http://www.linux-archive.org/fedora-user/394978-connection-activation-failed-device-not-managed-networkmanager.html)

Fedora User 07-05-2010 02:43 AM

Connection activation failed: Device not managed by NetworkManager

I have this (WLAN) configured as managed by NM in network
configuration. Now what?

Larry Brower 07-05-2010 02:46 AM

Fedora User wrote:
> I have this (WLAN) configured as managed by NM in network
> configuration. Now what?

The magic 8 ball says "Answer Hazy"

Perhaps if you gave more detailed information it would have a
different answer?

Fedora User 07-05-2010 03:07 AM

Connection activation failed: Device not managed by NetworkManager

On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 21:46:42 -0500
Larry Brower <larry@maxqe.com> wrote:

> Fedora User wrote:
> > I have this (WLAN) configured as managed by NM in network
> > configuration. Now what?
> >

> The magic 8 ball says "Answer Hazy"

<rant>

The whole frigging thing is hazy. And, I am no newbie - going back to
RH-7.2. Every friggin time I upgrade Fedora, something changes in
NetworkManager. Moreover, the relationship between NM and Network
Configuration is obscure at best.

Now I am not getting the error message when I restart NM. And what the
frig is this?

"<warn> connection(1) /org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/1 failed to activate: (2)
Device not managed by NetworkManager"

If that (/org/freedesktop...)is a path, it neither exists in the file
system nor proc.

</rant>

Larry Brower 07-05-2010 03:26 AM

Fedora User wrote:
> On Sun, 04 Jul 2010 21:46:42 -0500
> Larry Brower <larry@maxqe.com> wrote:
>
>> Fedora User wrote:
>>> I have this (WLAN) configured as managed by NM in network
>>> configuration. Now what?
>>>
>> The magic 8 ball says "Answer Hazy"
>
> <rant>
>
> The whole frigging thing is hazy. And, I am no newbie - going back to
> RH-7.2. Every friggin time I upgrade Fedora, something changes in
> NetworkManager. Moreover, the relationship between NM and Network
> Configuration is obscure at best.
>
> Now I am not getting the error message when I restart NM. And what the
> frig is this?
>
> "<warn> connection(1) /org/freedesktop/NetworkManagerSettings/1 failed to activate: (2)
> Device not managed by NetworkManager"
>
> If that (/org/freedesktop...)is a path, it neither exists in the file
> system nor proc.
>
> </rant>

Now I see what you are saying, and honestly I do not have an answer
for you. Someone else perhaps might. I tend not to use things like
network manager.

Chris Kloiber 07-05-2010 04:09 AM

[...]

Just a guess, but that sounds like a "path" in the gconf database.

--
Chris Kloiber