Old 07-04-2010, 02:28 AM
Tim

Default Chromium can't override page fonts

On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 19:39 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> Every other browser I've used has an option to override the page font,
> but I can't find this in Chromium. The same appears to be true in
> Chrome, though I haven't looked extensively.

Can you apply a user style sheet? Perhaps they've gone down that route,
of using a style sheet to override site style.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 07-04-2010, 04:57 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 11:58 +0930, Tim wrote:
> On Sat, 2010-07-03 at 19:39 -0430, Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
> > Every other browser I've used has an option to override the page font,
> > but I can't find this in Chromium. The same appears to be true in
> > Chrome, though I haven't looked extensively.
>
> Can you apply a user style sheet? Perhaps they've gone down that route,
> of using a style sheet to override site style.

Hmm, I've never tried that and am not sure how to go about it.

poc

Old 07-04-2010, 08:13 AM
Tim

Tim:
>> Can you apply a user style sheet? Perhaps they've gone down that
>> route, of using a style sheet to override site style.

Patrick O'Callaghan:
> Hmm, I've never tried that and am not sure how to go about it.

See if there is any user.css file (or similarly named file), as a clue.
Or run the program and see if it looks for one. If you can determine
that it does, where to put it, etc., a basic CSS file to force a certain
fontstyle could be as simple as just this in the file:

* {font-family: liberation-sans !important;}

Suggests:

"Enabled with the --enable-user-stylesheet flag which causes chrome to
read <user-data-dir>/<profile>/User StyleSheet/Custom.css at startup and
set it as the user style sheet."

So it might be worth seeing if they've implemented it.

Old 07-04-2010, 12:39 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Sun, 2010-07-04 at 17:43 +0930, Tim wrote:
> Tim:
> >> Can you apply a user style sheet? Perhaps they've gone down that
> >> route, of using a style sheet to override site style.
>
> Patrick O'Callaghan:
> > Hmm, I've never tried that and am not sure how to go about it.
>
> See if there is any user.css file (or similarly named file), as a clue.
> Or run the program and see if it looks for one. If you can determine
> that it does, where to put it, etc., a basic CSS file to force a certain
> fontstyle could be as simple as just this in the file:
>
> * {font-family: liberation-sans !important;}
>
> http://code.google.com/p/chromium/issues/detail?id=2393
>
> Suggests:
>
> "Enabled with the --enable-user-stylesheet flag which causes chrome to
> read <user-data-dir>/<profile>/User StyleSheet/Custom.css at startup and
> set it as the user style sheet."
>
> So it might be worth seeing if they've implemented it.

An empty Custom.css file exists, so I tried your one-liner but it
doesn't seem to work so far, even after restarting Chromium with
--enable-user-stylesheet. I also tried the Chrome Stylist extension
(https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/pabfempgigicdjjlccdgnbmeggkbjdhd)
but that doesn't seem to do anything either.

Thanks all the same.

poc