Old 07-04-2010, 12:09 AM
Patrick O'Callaghan

Default Chromium can't override page fonts

I updated Chromium from
chromium-6.0.417.0-1.20100526svn48276.fc13.x86_64 to
chromium-6.0.451.0-2.fc13.x86_64 and now find that certain Web pages,
notable www.nytimes.com, are rendered in a Times Roman font that is hard
to read. Previously the same page used a different font (I'm guessing
Arial or Liberation) which was readable so I'd never tried to change it.
In fact I've no idea why it decided to change now, but the font-changing
dialogue (Spanner->Options->Under The Hood->Change Font and Language
Settings) has no effect when the page specifies its own font. Every
other browser I've used has an option to override the page font, but I
can't find this in Chromium. The same appears to be true in Chrome,
though I haven't looked extensively.

Suggestions welcome.

poc