Old 07-03-2010, 07:26 PM
Dave Stevens

Default need other mirror fot F12->F13 preupgrade

Quoting JD <jd1008@gmail.com>:

> On 07/03/2010 11:58 AM, Dave Stevens wrote:
>> I am trying to preupgrade F12 x86_64 to F13. My installer tries to use
>> ftp://ftp.nrc.ca/pub/systems/linux/redhat/fedora/linux/releases/13/Fedora/x86_64/os/images/install.img but gives me an error, "unable to retrieve" Does anyone have a url for
>> another
>> site?
>>
>> Dave
>>

> Try
> http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/13/Fedora/x86_64/os/images/install.img

yes, that seems to have worked, at least the install is now
proceeding. I'll follow up with the repo advice when upgarde
completes. Thanks very much.

Dave

--
"It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society."
Krishnamurti

Old 07-03-2010, 11:37 PM
Kam Leo

On Sat, Jul 3, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Dave Stevens <geek@uniserve.com> wrote:
> Quoting JD <jd1008@gmail.com>:
>
>> * On 07/03/2010 11:58 AM, Dave Stevens wrote:
>>> I am trying to preupgrade F12 x86_64 to F13. My installer tries to use
>>> ftp://ftp.nrc.ca/pub/systems/linux/redhat/fedora/linux/releases/13/Fedora/x86_64/os/images/install.img but gives me an error, "unable to retrieve" Does anyone have a url for
>>> another
>>> site?
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>> Try
>> http://mirrors.kernel.org/fedora/releases/13/Fedora/x86_64/os/images/install.img
>> --
>
> yes, that seems to have worked, at least the install is now
> proceeding. I'll follow up with the repo advice when upgarde
> completes. Thanks very much.
>
> Dave

When the selection from mirrorslist does not work for you go to
http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist.