Old 07-02-2010, 12:56 PM
Ales Kozumplik

Default dealing with SSL

Hi list,

Even though we've had workarounds, there are still bugs like 599040. So
this set is the first step to deal with unverifiable ssl connections for
yum repositories (and also stage2 in loader), only in kickstart for now.
I expect "them" to later request:

1) displaying a GUI dialog question
2) displaying the cert's fingerprint in the GUI

Since I fail to see how any of these features are important, I'll wait
for someone to request them explicitly first (they are probably going to
require cooperation of non-anaconda components too).

Ales

Old 07-02-2010, 02:04 PM
seth vidal

On Fri, 2010-07-02 at 14:56 +0200, Ales Kozumplik wrote:
> Hi list,
>
> Even though we've had workarounds, there are still bugs like 599040. So
> this set is the first step to deal with unverifiable ssl connections for
> yum repositories (and also stage2 in loader), only in kickstart for now.

I want to make sure I understand the patch:

If 'trustedssl' is set then you TURN OFF ssl verify?

Maybe name it SOMETHING else?

noverifyssl=True - maybe instead of trustedssl.

it just feels like a counterintuitive option name to me.

-sv