Old 07-01-2010, 06:24 PM
JD

Default Help with InstallMedia repo (it just refuses to go away)

On 07/01/2010 11:08 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 01/07/10 19:04, JD wrote:
>> $ sudo yum -y install parted
>> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
>> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
>> InstallMedia. Please verify its path and try again
> What Fedora release?
F13
> What is returned with:
> ls /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/
$ ls -1 /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/
auto-update-debuginfo.conf
blacklist.conf
refresh-packagekit.conf
whiteout.conf

Old 07-01-2010, 06:33 PM
Frank Murphy

On 01/07/10 19:24, JD wrote:
My eyes try
enabled=0
or was that a typo?
also do a
yum whatprovides */packagekit-media.repo

to see where it's coming from.
Dont' have it here on F13

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Old 07-01-2010, 06:43 PM
JD

On 07/01/2010 11:33 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> yum whatprovides */packagekit-media.repo
I did set in it enabled=0
but after an update or two,
it is autoamtically replaced with
a version that has no enabled=0

$ yum whatprovides */packagekit-media.repo
Loaded plugins: blacklist, refresh-packagekit
adobe-linux-i386
18/18
google-chrome
5/5
skype
1/1
virtualbox
5/5
Warning: 3.0.x versions of yum would erroneously match against filenames.
You can use "*/yum.repos.d/packagekit-media.repo" and/or
"*bin/yum.repos.d/packagekit-media.repo" to get that behaviour
No Matches found

Old 07-01-2010, 06:49 PM
Frank Murphy

On 01/07/10 19:43, JD wrote:
> $ yum whatprovides */packagekit-media.repo

> virtualbox
> 5/5
> Warning: 3.0.x versions of yum would erroneously match against filenames.
> You can use "*/yum.repos.d/packagekit-media.repo" and/or
> "*bin/yum.repos.d/packagekit-media.repo" to get that behaviour
> No Matches found

There something weird going on there.
rpm -q yum

yum clean all

then try removing packagekit-media.repo

su
rm packagekit-media.repo
see if it gets recreated.

Frank Murphy
UTF_8 Encoded
Friend of Fedora

Old 07-01-2010, 08:48 PM
Richard Hughes

On 1 July 2010 19:49, Frank Murphy <frankly3d@gmail.com> wrote:
> then try removing packagekit-media.repo

I've got a PackageKit fix in the works. I'll write some code to fix
this tomorrow.

Richard.

Old 07-01-2010, 09:09 PM
JD

On 07/01/2010 11:49 AM, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On 01/07/10 19:43, JD wrote:
>> $ yum whatprovides */packagekit-media.repo
>> virtualbox
>> 5/5
>> Warning: 3.0.x versions of yum would erroneously match against filenames.
>> You can use "*/yum.repos.d/packagekit-media.repo" and/or
>> "*bin/yum.repos.d/packagekit-media.repo" to get that behaviour
>> No Matches found
>>
> There something weird going on there.
> rpm -q yum
>
> yum clean all
>
> then try removing packagekit-media.repo
>
> su
> rm packagekit-media.repo
> see if it gets recreated.

Yes it does get regenerated.
It was being regenerated by
/etc/yum/pluginconf.d/refresh-packagekit.conf
which I edited and disabled.
[main]
enabled=0

Maybe that's not the optimal answer, but it works for now until fedora
fixes the problem.

Old 07-02-2010, 11:34 AM
Richard Hughes

On 1 July 2010 22:09, JD <jd1008@gmail.com> wrote:
> Maybe that's not the optimal answer, but it works for now until fedora
> fixes the problem.

commit cf508c479a4579f4552770f467da0a04480ba733
Author: Richard Hughes <richard@hughsie.com>
Date: Fri Jul 2 11:49:51 2010 +0100

Add a long document explaining the media-repo functionality

:000000 100644 0000000... dcd913a... A docs/media-repo.txt

commit 7dd3421197de0bc8444069984436239f28d78862