Old 07-01-2010, 06:04 PM
JD

Default Help with InstallMedia repo (it just refuses to go away)

$ sudo yum -y install parted
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
InstallMedia. Please verify its path and try again

I edited:
sudo vi /etc/yum.repos.d/packagekit-media.repo
and set
enabled-0

It worked fine for one update session.

Next update, problem comes back again.
Why is it being clobbered with a new packagekit-media.repo ?
Is there a conf file I can edit to permanently disable this repo?

Old 07-01-2010, 06:08 PM
Frank Murphy

On 01/07/10 19:04, JD wrote:
> $ sudo yum -y install parted
> Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
> Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository:
> InstallMedia. Please verify its path and try again

What Fedora release?

What is returned with:
ls /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/

Frank Murphy