Old 07-01-2010, 05:13 PM
Jurek Bajor

Default nscd cacher problem - how to turn IPv6 off

Hi,
in Fedora 13:

right-click net icon in Panel
select Edit Connections
select your interface (repeat for all used):
e.g. Wired
select System eth0
click Edit
click IPv6 Settings tab
select Method: Ignore
click Apply
give password for root
click Close

Jurek

Old 07-01-2010, 05:24 PM
JD

On 07/01/2010 10:13 AM, Jurek Bajor wrote:
> Hi,
> in Fedora 13:
>
> right-click net icon in Panel
> select Edit Connections
> select your interface (repeat for all used):
> e.g. Wired
> select System eth0
> click Edit
> click IPv6 Settings tab
> select Method: Ignore
> click Apply
> give password for root
> click Close
>
> Jurek
Hi Jurek,
I am not running Network manager, so I do not
have a net icon on the panel.
I ran sudo /usr/bin/system-config-network
and I select the wifi ra0 device, click edit but I see no
IPv6 Settings tab

Old 07-01-2010, 05:28 PM
JD

On 07/01/2010 10:13 AM, Jurek Bajor wrote:
> Hi,
> in Fedora 13:
>
> right-click net icon in Panel
> select Edit Connections
> select your interface (repeat for all used):
> e.g. Wired
> select System eth0
> click Edit
> click IPv6 Settings tab
> select Method: Ignore
> click Apply
> give password for root
> click Close
>
> Jurek
I ran the command

$ sudo /usr/bin/system-config-network-cmd
.
.
.
DeviceList.Wireless.ra0.IPv6Init=False
.
.
.
DeviceList.Ethernet.eth0.IPv6Init=False
.
.
.

So, clearly, ipv6 is not the cause of the problem.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:37 PM
Jurek Bajor

On 07/01/2010 10:13 AM, Jurek Bajor wrote:
> Hi,
> in Fedora 13:
>
> right-click net icon in Panel
> select Edit Connections
> select your interface (repeat for all used):
> e.g. Wired
> select System eth0
> click Edit
> click IPv6 Settings tab
> select Method: Ignore
> click Apply
> give password for root
> click Close
>
> Jurek
>> Hi Jurek,
>> I am not running Network manager, so I do not
>> have a net icon on the panel.
>> I ran sudo /usr/bin/system-config-network
>> and I select the wifi ra0 device, click edit but I see no
>> IPv6 Settings tab

Hi,
just Google for: fedora turn off ipv6
The first result will be:
http://www.g-loaded.eu/2008/05/12/how-to-disable-ipv6-in-fedora-and-centos/
Just follow the instructions in there (they are well written).
Jurek