Old 07-01-2010, 04:57 PM
Jurek Bajor

Default yum crash

Hi,
when executed by a non-root user, the yum entry crashes because it is unable
to access a database.
It should reject the entry for non-root user.
Jurek

Output:
[jb@localhost ~]$ yum history list all
Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, presto, priorities, protect-packages,
: refresh-packagekit
Adding en_US to language list
ID | Login user | Date and time | Action(s) | Altered
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/yum", line 29, in <module>
yummain.user_main(sys.argv[1:], exit_code=True)
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 254, in user_main
errcode = main(args)
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 109, in main
result, resultmsgs = base.doCommands()
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/cli.py", line 356, in doCommands
return self.yum_cli_commands[self.basecmd].doCommand(self,
self.basecmd, self.extcmds)
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yumcommands.py", line 1314, in doCommand
ret = base.historyListCmd(extcmds)
File "/usr/share/yum-cli/output.py", line 1297, in historyListCmd
for old in self.history.old(tids, limit=limit):
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/history.py", line 449, in old
cur = self._get_cursor()
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/yum/history.py", line 220, in
_get_cursor
self._conn = sqlite.connect(self._db_file)
sqlite3.OperationalError: unable to open database file
[jb@localhost ~]$

Old 07-01-2010, 05:11 PM
Patrick O'Callaghan

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 18:57 +0200, Jurek Bajor wrote:
> Hi,
> when executed by a non-root user, the yum entry crashes because it is unable
> to access a database.
> It should reject the entry for non-root user.
> Jurek
>
> Output:
> [jb@localhost ~]$ yum history list all
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, presto, priorities, protect-packages,
> : refresh-packagekit

Does it work for root? It works for me as both root and non-root.
Perhaps there really is a problem with the database (though it would
still be better if yum didn't crash).

poc

Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 PM
Jurek Bajor

Hi,

On Thu, 2010-07-01 at 18:57 +0200, Jurek Bajor wrote:
> Hi,
> when executed by a non-root user, the yum entry crashes because it is unable
> to access a database.
> It should reject the entry for non-root user.
> Jurek
>
> Output:
> [jb at localhost ~]$ yum history list all
> Loaded plugins: fastestmirror, langpacks, presto, priorities, protect-packages,
> : refresh-packagekit

>> Does it work for root? It works for me as both root and non-root.
>> Perhaps there really is a problem with the database (though it would
>> still be better if yum didn't crash).

>> poc

It works for root.
Jurek