Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Joachim Backes

Default qtparted does not run in F13

Hi,

did somebody try to run qtparted in F13? I did it, but getting an error
prompt: "Cannot get parted version". If pressing OK, qtparted exits.

Info:
=====

rpm -q parted qtparted

parted-2.1-8.fc13.i686
qtparted-0.4.5-23.fc13.i686

Kind regards

http://www.rhrk.uni-kl.de/~backes

Old 07-01-2010, 10:03 AM
Ed Greshko

On 07/01/2010 05:59 PM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did somebody try to run qtparted in F13? I did it, but getting an error
> prompt: "Cannot get parted version". If pressing OK, qtparted exits.
>
> Info:
> =====
>
> rpm -q parted qtparted
>
> parted-2.1-8.fc13.i686
> qtparted-0.4.5-23.fc13.i686
>
> Kind regards

Sounds like you need to file a bugzilla for me too.... :-)

--
If everything seems to be going well, you have obviously overlooked
something. 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段

Old 07-01-2010, 03:47 PM
JD

On 07/01/2010 02:59 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
> Hi,
>
> did somebody try to run qtparted in F13? I did it, but getting an error
> prompt: "Cannot get parted version". If pressing OK, qtparted exits.
>
> Info:
> =====
>
> rpm -q parted qtparted
>
> parted-2.1-8.fc13.i686
> qtparted-0.4.5-23.fc13.i686
>
> Kind regards

Something might be missing.
Run rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

to see what's missing.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:19 PM
"Roger K. Wells"

On 07/01/2010 11:47 AM, JD wrote:
> On 07/01/2010 02:59 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> did somebody try to run qtparted in F13? I did it, but getting an error
>> prompt: "Cannot get parted version". If pressing OK, qtparted exits.
>>
>> Info:
>> =====
>>
>> rpm -q parted qtparted
>>
>> parted-2.1-8.fc13.i686
>> qtparted-0.4.5-23.fc13.i686
>>
>> Kind regards
>>

> Something might be missing.
> Run rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>
> to see what's missing.

I can confirm the problem with qtparted and
"rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest "
yields nothing

--
Roger Wells, P.E.
SAIC

Old 07-01-2010, 05:30 PM
JD

On 07/01/2010 10:19 AM, Roger K. Wells wrote:
> On 07/01/2010 11:47 AM, JD wrote:
>> On 07/01/2010 02:59 AM, Joachim Backes wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> did somebody try to run qtparted in F13? I did it, but getting an error
>>> prompt: "Cannot get parted version". If pressing OK, qtparted exits.
>>>
>>> Info:
>>> =====
>>>
>>> rpm -q parted qtparted
>>>
>>> parted-2.1-8.fc13.i686
>>> qtparted-0.4.5-23.fc13.i686
>>>
>>> Kind regards
>>>

>> Something might be missing.
>> Run rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>>
>> to see what's missing.
>>
> I can confirm the problem with qtparted and
> "rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest"
> yields nothing

I run gparted on F13 without any problems.
Could you try uninstalling parted and gpared and re-installing them?

Old 07-01-2010, 05:48 PM
"Roger K. Wells"

On 07/01/2010 01:30 PM, JD wrote:
> On 07/01/2010 10:19 AM, Roger K. Wells wrote:

>>> Something might be missing.
>>> Run rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest
>>>
>>> to see what's missing.
>>>

>> I can confirm the problem with qtparted and
>> "rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest"
>> yields nothing
>>

> I run gparted on F13 without any problems.
> Could you try uninstalling parted and gpared and re-installing them?

I installed gtparted 10 minutes before I wrote my previous
missive.
yum search gpared yields nothing, is it a typo?
Do you mean gparted? I see that is available.
I'll install it and see what happens.
I did and the results with QTparted are the same
although gparted runs fine.

--
Roger Wells, P.E.
SAIC

Old 07-01-2010, 06:05 PM
JD

On 07/01/2010 10:48 AM, Roger K. Wells wrote:
> On 07/01/2010 01:30 PM, JD wrote:

>>> I can confirm the problem with qtparted and
>>> "rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest"
>>> yields nothing
>>>

>> I run gparted on F13 without any problems.
>> Could you try uninstalling parted and gpared and re-installing them?
>>

> I installed gtparted 10 minutes before I wrote my previous
> missive.
> yum search gpared yields nothing, is it a typo?
> Do you mean gparted? I see that is available.
> I'll install it and see what happens.
> I did and the results with QTparted are the same
> although gparted runs fine.

Yes - I meant gparted -
I just installed qtparted-0.4.5-23.fc13.i686
and I see the same problem you are seeing.
So, it is a broken package - why bother with it?
gparted works extremely well.

Old 07-01-2010, 06:13 PM
"Roger K. Wells"

On 07/01/2010 02:05 PM, JD wrote:
> On 07/01/2010 10:48 AM, Roger K. Wells wrote:

>>> I run gparted on F13 without any problems.
>>> Could you try uninstalling parted and gpared and re-installing them?
>>>

>> I installed gtparted 10 minutes before I wrote my previous
>> missive.
>> yum search gpared yields nothing, is it a typo?
>> Do you mean gparted? I see that is available.
>> I'll install it and see what happens.
>> I did and the results with QTparted are the same
>> although gparted runs fine.
>>

> Yes - I meant gparted -
> I just installed qtparted-0.4.5-23.fc13.i686
> and I see the same problem you are seeing.
> So, it is a broken package - why bother with it?
> gparted works extremely well.

agreed
thanks

--
Roger Wells, P.E.
SAIC

Old 07-01-2010, 06:29 PM
Mike Guilmot

> did somebody try to run qtparted in F13? I did it, but getting an error
> prompt: "Cannot get parted version". If pressing OK, qtparted exits.

Just installed it to test.
Same problem.

--
KR,