Old 07-01-2010, 09:12 AM

Default ati catalyst workaround for fedora13

Hello there,

Does anyone know if there is a workaround for running the ati fglrx
drivers on fedora 13 or how difficult it would be to port fedora 12's
xorg to f13?
For fedora 12 there is this:
http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22884
And it works (thanks Steffen Seeger for the effort!), but I'm now on
fedora 13 and laptop gets too hot with the experimental mesa drivers
(altough performance wise they are decentish).

Thanks!

--
Nux!
www.nux.ro

Old 07-01-2010, 03:39 PM
JD

On 07/01/2010 02:12 AM, nux@li.nux.ro wrote:
> Hello there,
>
> Does anyone know if there is a workaround for running the ati fglrx
> drivers on fedora 13 or how difficult it would be to port fedora 12's
> xorg to f13?
> For fedora 12 there is this:
> http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showthread.php?t=22884
> And it works (thanks Steffen Seeger for the effort!), but I'm now on
> fedora 13 and laptop gets too hot with the experimental mesa drivers
> (altough performance wise they are decentish).
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> Nux!
> www.nux.ro
I would love to see the fglrx driver and and catalyst work on F13.
I have a radion chip.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:17 PM
Clemens Eisserer

So the best you can do is to write an email to AMD.

- Clemens

Old 07-01-2010, 04:19 PM
Robert Myers

On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy@gmail.com> wrote:

So the best you can do is to write an email to AMD.

*All those Linux fan boys out there shilling for AMD and it can't even take care of them? *
Robert.

Old 07-01-2010, 04:37 PM
Bruno Wolff III

On Thu, Jul 01, 2010 at 12:19:52 -0400,
Robert Myers <rbmyersusa@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 1, 2010 at 12:17 PM, Clemens Eisserer <linuxhippy@gmail.com>wrote:
>
> > So the best you can do is to write an email to AMD.
> >

> All those Linux fan boys out there shilling for AMD and it can't even take
> care of them?

AMD is taking care of the people who really care. They publish data on how
to make their stuff work.

If people want AMD stuff working well on Fedora they should be helping work
on the radeon driver or general opengl support, not worrying about catalyst.

Old 07-01-2010, 05:10 PM
Tom Horsley

On Thu, 1 Jul 2010 11:37:52 -0500
Bruno Wolff III wrote:

> AMD is taking care of the people who really care. They publish data on how
> to make their stuff work.

But judging from the actual results on several different ATI cards
with the radeon driver the published data leaves a lot
of details out about the differences between the 47,526 different
model cards they produced over the years :-).

Things have definitely gotten better in fedora 13 on most of my
systems with ATI cards, but at least one card worked better
in fedora 12.