Old 06-30-2010, 09:54 PM
Aaron Konstam

Default SPELLING CORRECTED

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Aaron Konstam <akonstam@sbcglobal.net>
To: Community support for Fedora users <users@lists.fedoraproject.org>
Subject: Re: F-13 printing problems -
Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 16:48:44 -0500

On Wed, 2010-06-30 at 09:01 -0400, Bob Goodwin wrote:
> I have been struggling with an attempt to print a crossword
> puzzle for about an hour now.
>
> I click on print and 20 seconds later the printer activity lamp
> begins to blink, 40 seconds later it produces a copy. And that
> is an improvement, up until a few minutes ago it simply refused
> to print at all!
>
> Everything happens in slow motion.
>
> In desperation I booted as root in order to get cups to allow me
> to do anything, I have never booted this computer as root
> before, doing anything in cups is also very slow.
>
> All of this worked before in F-12. The printers are network
> printers on our LAN.
>
> Another F-12 computer next to this one works normally. I just
> switched that computer on and once booted I was able to print 2
> copies each of 2 pages in a minutes time so the rest of the
> system is working normally. The problem is peculiar to the F-13
> computer.
>
> I have gone through the troubleshooting process that pops up
> numerous times over the last couple of days to no avail.
>
> I think that in this case it might be simpler to wipe out
> everything to do with printing and start over configuring with cups?
>
> Am I the only one with this problem? Suggestions welcome?
>
> Bob
>
> .
> --

Since these are network printers it seems the problem is probably
associated with network connectivity. Can you telnet to the printer at
port 631? I assume you set up the printing on the two printers
separately or is a print server involved? Trying to delete the printer
from the F13 machine and reconfiguring it would be worth trying. Is
other printing from the F13 machine proceeding normally or is it also
slow?
Friendships last when each friend thinks he has a slight superiority
over the other. -- Honore DeBalzac

Old 06-30-2010, 10:04 PM
Ed Greshko

On 07/01/2010 05:54 AM, Aaron Konstam wrote:
> Since these are network printers it seems the
FWIW, if you find the need to correct minor spelling errors I think it
is a better idea to reply to your own email as opposed to doing a
forward. The method you used caused your correction to appear outside
of the original thread.

--
DON'T go!! I'm not HOWARD COSELL!! I know POLISH JOKES... WAIT! Don't
go!! I AM Howard Cosell!... And I DON'T know Polish jokes!! 葛斯克 愛德