Old 06-30-2010, 07:30 PM
Barton Landrum

Default Cannot run gcc on Fedora 13

I looked for the gcc binaries and I could not find them.

I am trying to build the gcc C, C++ and other compilers using release 4.4.3 of the gcc code. To do this I still need a gcc binary to compile and link the code.

I ran the following command:

../gcc-4.4.3/configure

And got this:

checking whether ln works... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for gcc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cc... no
checking for cl... no

configure: error: in `/gcc4/objdir':
configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH
See `config.log' for more details.

Thanks in advance,

biggerb

Old 06-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Garry Williams

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 3:30 PM, Barton Landrum <blandrum2@gmail.com> wrote:
> I looked for the gcc binaries and I could not find them.

sudo yum install /usr/bin/gcc

--
Garry Williams

Old 07-01-2010, 12:43 AM