Old 06-30-2010, 01:01 PM
Bob Goodwin

Default F-13 printing problems -

I have been struggling with an attempt to print a crossword
puzzle for about an hour now.

I click on print and 20 seconds later the printer activity lamp
begins to blink, 40 seconds later it produces a copy. And that
is an improvement, up until a few minutes ago it simply refused
to print at all!

Everything happens in slow motion.

In desperation I booted as root in order to get cups to allow me
to do anything, I have never booted this computer as root
before, doing anything in cups is also very slow.

All of this worked before in F-12. The printers are network
printers on our LAN.

Another F-12 computer next to this one works normally. I just
switched that computer on and once booted I was able to print 2
copies each of 2 pages in a minutes time so the rest of the
system is working normally. The problem is peculiar to the F-13
computer.

I have gone through the troubleshooting process that pops up
numerous times over the last couple of days to no avail.

I think that in this case it might be simpler to wipe out
everything to do with printing and start over configuring with cups?

Am I the only one with this problem? Suggestions welcome?

Bob

.