Old 06-29-2010, 07:11 PM
Beartooth

Default Bogged down in Wine

I got overtired and careless, and tried to do something about the
workspace switcher on the wrong F13 machine (one where it was working
fine).

Now the boot messages stop at "Registering binary handler for
Windows applications," and the machine seems never to finish booting --
except that I can ssh into it over my LAN.

What do I need to do??

Old 06-29-2010, 07:37 PM
Athmane Madjoudj

On 06/29/2010 08:11 PM, Beartooth wrote:

> I got overtired and careless, and tried to do something about the
> workspace switcher on the wrong F13 machine (one where it was working
> fine).
>
> Now the boot messages stop at "Registering binary handler for
> Windows applications," and the machine seems never to finish booting --
> except that I can ssh into it over my LAN.
>
> What do I need to do??

Hint "i" key when Fedora start to boot and don't let wine service run
ie: answer: N

after that turn off wine service

chkconfig WINE_SERVICE_NAME off

or

run:

system-config-services

and clear the check-box of wine service.

HTH

--
Athmane Madjoudj

Old 06-30-2010, 03:38 PM
Beartooth

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 20:37:48 +0100, Athmane Madjoudj wrote:
[....]
> Hint "i" key when Fedora start to boot and don't let wine service run
> ie: answer: N

You mean the interactive startup, right? As usual, I was too
slow; so I let it go, and got in with ssh -Y

I disabled and stopped wine with system-config-services; then it
booted only to "starting atd"

> after that turn off wine service
>
> chkconfig WINE_SERVICE_NAME off

Just now I tried another way (and obviously haven't had enough
coffee yet) :

[root@BBB ~]# chkconfig WINE_SERVICE_NAME off
error reading information on service WINE_SERVICE_NAME: No such file or
directory
[root@BBB ~]#

So what do I put in for WINE_SERVICE_NAME??