Old 06-29-2010, 10:43 AM
Chris Kloiber

Default evolution-data-server

Why is evolution-data-server still broken after this much time, and is
anything being done to correct it? I'm guessing all the dependencies
must be rebuilt against the new package.

So far I get the best results adding to the yum.conf:

exclude=evolution*

and occasionally un-commenting it to see if it's fixed.

------------------------
Resolving Dependencies
--> Running transaction check
--> Processing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.11 for package:
nautilus-sendto-2.28.4-1.fc13.i686
--> Processing Dependency: libedataserver-1.2.so.11 for package:
gnome-panel-2.30.0-1.fc13.i686

---> Package evolution-data-server.i686 0:2.30.2-2.fc13 set to be updated
--> Finished Dependency Resolution
Error: Package: gnome-panel-2.30.0-1.fc13.i686
(@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130056.i386)

Requires: libedataserver-1.2.so.11
Removing: evolution-data-server-2.30.1-2.fc13.i686
(@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130056.i386)
Error: Package: nautilus-sendto-2.28.4-1.fc13.i686
(@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130056.i386)

Requires: libedataserver-1.2.so.11
Removing: evolution-data-server-2.30.1-2.fc13.i686
(@anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130056.i386)

You could try using --skip-broken to work around the problem
You could try running: rpm -Va --nofiles --nodigest

--
Chris Kloiber

Old 06-29-2010, 10:47 AM
Steve Searle

Around 11:43am on Tuesday, June 29, 2010 (UK time), Chris Kloiber scrawled:

> So far I get the best results adding to the yum.conf:
>
> exclude=evolution*
>
> and occasionally un-commenting it to see if it's fixed.

I suggest a more elegant solution is to run "yum --skip-broken". This
will ignore the conflicting updates while installing any others that are
ok, and will install the evolution ones when the problems are resolved.

Steve

--

(o< www.stevesearle.com
// Powered by Fedora

11:45:42 up 42 days, 14:54, 1 user, load average: 0.21, 0.10, 0.02

Old 06-29-2010, 10:56 AM
Michael Schwendt

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:43:00 -0400, Chris wrote:

> Why is evolution-data-server still broken after this much time, and is
> anything being done to correct it? I'm guessing all the dependencies
> must be rebuilt against the new package.
>
> So far I get the best results adding to the yum.conf:
>
> exclude=evolution*
>
> and occasionally un-commenting it to see if it's fixed.

skip_broken=1

is a better work-around. Though, in both cases you still need to be
careful on x86_64 and watch out for any multiarch packages that may be
pulled in. Broken deps on x86_64 are really bad.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:54 PM
Kevin Fenzi

Chris Kloiber <ckloiber@ckloiber.com> wrote:

> Why is evolution-data-server still broken after this much time, and
> is anything being done to correct it? I'm guessing all the
> dependencies must be rebuilt against the new package.

Yes. I think all of them have now been rebuilt and pushed out this
morning. As soon as mirrors sync we should be back on track.

Hopefully autoqa and critical path setups will be in place before
something like this happens again.

kevin

Old 06-29-2010, 08:58 PM
Jerry Feldman

On 06/29/2010 11:54 AM, Kevin Fenzi wrote:
> On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:43:00 -0400
> Chris Kloiber <ckloiber@ckloiber.com> wrote:
>

>> Why is evolution-data-server still broken after this much time, and
>> is anything being done to correct it? I'm guessing all the
>> dependencies must be rebuilt against the new package.
>>
> Yes. I think all of them have now been rebuilt and pushed out this
> morning. As soon as mirrors sync we should be back on track.
>
> Hopefully autoqa and critical path setups will be in place before
> something like this happens again.

Agreed. I just performed a yum update, and all installed successfully.

--
Jerry Feldman <gaf@blu.org>
Boston Linux and Unix

Old 06-30-2010, 03:53 AM
Andre Costa

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 07:56, Michael Schwendt <mschwendt@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tue, 29 Jun 2010 06:43:00 -0400, Chris wrote:

> Why is evolution-data-server still broken after this much time, and is

> anything being done to correct it? I'm guessing all the dependencies

> must be rebuilt against the new package.

> So far I get the best results adding to the yum.conf:

> exclude=evolution*

> and occasionally un-commenting it to see if it's fixed.

skip_broken=1

is a better work-around. Though, in both cases you still need to be

careful on x86_64 and watch out for any multiarch packages that may be

pulled in. Broken deps on x86_64 are really bad.
Mmmh... I just realized I have multiple versions of gnome-panel-libs:
~*yum list gnome-panel-libs*Loaded plugins: presto, refresh-packagekit
Installed Packagesgnome-panel-libs.i686 * * * * * * * * * *2.30.0-1.fc13 * * * * * * * * *@fedora*gnome-panel-libs.x86_64 * * * * * * * * *2.30.0-3.fc13 * * * * * * * * *@updates
Available Packagesgnome-panel-libs.i686 * * * * * * * * * *2.30.0-3.fc13 * * * * * * * * *updates*
I have used --skip-broken at least once today. yum history shows me that lots of i686 packages were pulled in by last update, among them gnome-panel-libs.i686:

~ yum history info 67...** *Dep-Install *freetype-freeworld-2.3.11-2.fc13.i686** *Dep-Install *gamin-0.1.10-7.fc13.i686** *Dep-Install *glib2-2.24.1-1.fc13.i686
** *Dep-Install *glibc-2.12-2.i686** *Dep-Install *gnome-panel-libs-2.30.0-1.fc13.i686...
Damn it =/ I'll try to undo this update. Thks for your warning.

Andre