Old 06-29-2010, 08:54 AM
Felix Schwarz

Default How to start selenium-server on Fedora?

Hi,

I installed selenium-server on Fedora 13 but now I have problems
actually starting the server. The problem is that the server uses many
libraries which are bundled in upstream's binary distribution but of
course they are unbundled in Fedora.

I'm looking the Fedora equivalent of
java -jar selenium-server.jar

I tried (online line)
java -cp
/usr/share/java/selenium-server-coreless.jar:/usr/share/java/commons-logging.jar:/usr/share/java/ant.jar:/usr/share/java/servlet.jar
org.openqa.selenium.server.SeleniumServer

The server starts up but when I connect with a Python client, I get this
stack trace on the console and no browser is opened:
http://pastebin.com/tEbfVN1h

What's the correct command to start up the selenium server?

fs