Old 06-29-2010, 02:40 AM
Genes MailLists

Default periodic erros from mem card

When I plug a SD mem card into my laptop - it usually works fine ..
but once every N times I get this:

mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card

If I reboot it works fine but taking card out and repluggin only
produces the same error ...

Any suggestions how to make it work without rebooting ?

thanks

gene/

Old 06-29-2010, 02:41 AM
Genes MailLists

On 06/28/2010 10:40 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:

> When I plug a SD mem card into my laptop - it usually works fine ..
> but once every N times I get this:
>
> mmc0: error -110 whilst initialising SD card
>
> If I reboot it works fine but taking card out and repluggin only
> produces the same error ...
>
> Any suggestions how to make it work without rebooting ?

Unplugging and replugging 6 or 7 times and it worked.

Odd...

Old 06-29-2010, 03:06 AM
Tim

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 22:41 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
> Unplugging and replugging 6 or 7 times and it worked.

Dirty contacts on the card or in the reader?

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.

Old 06-29-2010, 03:29 AM
Genes MailLists

On 06/28/2010 11:06 PM, Tim wrote:
> On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 22:41 -0400, Genes MailLists wrote:
>> Unplugging and replugging 6 or 7 times and it worked.
>
> Dirty contacts on the card or in the reader?

possibly - card is clean - ill clean the reader best I can ...

thanks.

Old 06-29-2010, 06:19 AM
Tim

Tim:
>> Dirty contacts on the card or in the reader?

Genes MailLists:
> possibly - card is clean - ill clean the reader best I can ...

If you don't have proper contact cleaner, I'd suggest *very* carefully
with a new toothbrush. You don't want to add dirt, or mechanically
damage the contacts.

Old 06-29-2010, 07:55 AM
Hoang Le

Dear friends,

Does default fedora 13 32-bit version support 4G of RAM? I remember that default Fedora 12 came with pae kernel but Fedora 13 doesn't. Or am I wrong?

Thanks

Old 06-29-2010, 02:24 PM
Aaron Konstam

On Tue, 2010-06-29 at 15:55 +0800, Hoang Le wrote:
> Dear friends,
>
> Does default fedora 13 32-bit version support 4G of RAM? I remember
> that default Fedora 12 came with pae kernel but Fedora 13 doesn't. Or
> am I wrong?
>
> Thanks

My F13 installed from DVD has PAE kernels.