Old 06-28-2010, 08:22 PM
Jim

Default Making a Bootable CD with System files on it.

I have a non-bootable cd with WindowsXP on it. How do I take the system
files off and put them on a Bootable CD, so I can install the WindowsXP
in a KVM, Fedora 13 Host install ?

Old 06-28-2010, 08:42 PM
Gilboa Davara

On Mon, 2010-06-28 at 16:22 -0400, Jim wrote:
> I have a non-bootable cd with WindowsXP on it. How do I take the system
> files off and put them on a Bootable CD, so I can install the WindowsXP
> in a KVM, Fedora 13 Host install ?

When I deploy Windows from non-bootable Windows CDROMs (mostly older
OS's), I usually boot using DOS for FreeDOS [1] bootpxe, create a small
1-2GB C: drive and make it bootable.
Next I boot into (Free)DOS, I copy the installation files from the CDROM
into drive C:i386 and start the installation.

- Gilboa