Old 06-28-2010, 01:38 PM
"Christofer C. Bell"

Default Fedora 12 end-of-life and rolling our own Fedoras ( Fedora 11 End of Life)

On Mon, Jun 28, 2010 at 12:32 AM, Joel Rees <joel.rees@gmail.com> wrote:

I suppose eol includes the PPC distro?

which means I'm going to have to either start learning how to roll my

own Fedora now, or start getting ready to switch back to openBSD on

my PPC machines.

Instead of abandoning Linux, have you considered keeping your life simple by using a Linux distribution with PPC support?* Debian[1] has supported PPC[2] for years.

This isn't an advocacy post, I'm simply pointing out that there are Linux based alternatives to the issue you're facing.

[1] http://www.debian.org/
[2] http://www.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/

--
Chris