Old 06-28-2010, 11:51 AM
Alexander Volovics

Default trembling laptop screen with f13

Hello,

I installed Fed 13 on a laptop with Intel Core I5-430M CPU and integrated
Intel HD graphics Media Accelerator.

Everything works perfectly except for a 'trembling' (vibrating?) screen.
It seems to be slightly more pronounced when running on battery.
This is irritating and tiring after a couple of hours.

Anybody else experience this on laptops with Intel Core I3/I5/I7 CPU's
using Intel HD graphics. Could it be the Intel driver?

If I am the only one seeing this should I report it as a bug?

Alexander

Old 06-30-2010, 12:29 AM
Bob Kinney

> I installed Fed 13 on a laptop with Intel Core I5-430M CPU
> and integrated
> Intel HD graphics Media Accelerator.
>
> Everything works perfectly except for a 'trembling'
> (vibrating?) screen.
> It seems to be slightly more pronounced when running on
> battery.
> This is irritating and tiring after a couple of hours.
>
> Anybody else experience this on laptops with Intel Core
> I3/I5/I7 CPU's
> using Intel HD graphics. Could it be the Intel driver?
>
> If I am the only one seeing this should I report it as a
> bug?
>
> Alexander

Sounds like a problem I'm having with the recent kernels on
an HP 8430 laptop with an ATI video chip. The effect is
comparable to vertical hold problems on TVs of yesteryear,
only super fast. Only the original kernel from the DVD
(2.6.31? - I'm not at the machine right now) provides
stable video.

Fortunately, the updater only seems to overwrite the later
kernels and leaves this one alone. No idea where this
behavior comes from, but it suits me well.

I'll be watching this thread. Please let us know if you
figure it out.

--bob

Old 06-30-2010, 01:35 AM
Abu Attar Musharih

On Wed, Jun 30, 2010 at 9:29 AM, Bob Kinney <bc98kinney@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> Everything works perfectly except for a 'trembling'
>> (vibrating?) screen.
>> It seems to be slightly more pronounced when running on
>> battery.
>> This is irritating and tiring after a couple of hours.
>>
>> Anybody else experience this on laptops with Intel Core
>> I3/I5/I7 CPU's
>> using Intel HD graphics. Could it be the Intel driver?

I experienced the same thing when installing the FD13 on Toshiba
Satellite U505, Dual-Core Proc. i3, 4G RAM, 500 G HD.
Before the release of FD13, I installed the beta version and noticed
NO blinking (vibration). The blinking occurs when the beta version
received updated. To avoid this, I edited the grub.conf so that the
machine is not booted from the updates beta kernel (equivalent to the
supposedly-stable FD13).
It is the reason why until now I keep the old beta FD13 and not
installing the stable one.

AA