Old 06-28-2010, 05:32 AM
Joel Rees

Default Fedora 12 end-of-life and rolling our own Fedoras ( Fedora 11 End of Life)

On Jun 25, 2010, at 10:10 PM, Paul W. Frields wrote:

> This announcement is a reminder that as of 2010-06-25, Fedora 11 has
> reached its end of life for updates. As planned, last update pushes
> to Fedora 11 were made in advance[1] of this date. No further
> updates, including security updates, will be available for Fedora 11.
>
> Fedora 12 will continue to receive updates until approximately one
> month after the release of Fedora 14. The maintenance schedule of
> Fedora releases is documented on the Fedora Project wiki.[2]

I suppose eol includes the PPC distro?

which means I'm going to have to either start learning how to roll my
own Fedora now, or start getting ready to switch back to openBSD on
my PPC machines.

Probably a little of both until I decide which fits my taste better.
Since I'm looking for work anyway, I suppose now would be as good a
time as any, although I already have too many interesting projects to
sweeten my resume with.

Joel Rees