Old 06-28-2010, 01:43 AM
Tim

Default Frustration -- can't find the icon picker application on m system??

On Sat, 2010-06-26 at 21:54 -0400, William Case wrote:
> What is the name of the little application that pops up when you are
> trying to pick a new icon in a launcher ?

Dunno about current Fedora, but with Fedora 9, the whole thing starts
off from "gnome-desktop-item-edit". So, I might suggest trying the
command through strace, then see what happens when you click on the new
icon button. You may have to install strace.

e.g. strace gnome-desktop-item-edit --create-new testing.desktop

Sorry, I can't help much with strace. I only played with it very
slightly, many years ago. Other than to say that there's a lot of
output, so you probably want to redirect/pipe to a log file.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.