Old 06-27-2010, 09:27 PM
Suvayu Ali

Default Thunderbird shortcut for "Ignore thread"

On Sunday 27 June 2010 01:59 PM, Genes MailLists wrote:
> On 06/27/2010 04:53 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>> On Sunday 27 June 2010 01:31 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:
>
>> Would it be a worthwhile feature request? Then I would file an RFE on
>> the bugzilla.
>>

> Curious - How would you want it to behave differently than marking it
> as junk mail ?

This is just one thread isn't it? If I start flagging fedora list emails
as junk, wouldn't it start sending all subsequent emails to junk?

--
Suvayu

Old 06-27-2010, 09:28 PM
Carroll Grigsby

On Sun, 27 Jun 2010 16:59:37 -0400
Genes MailLists <lists@sapience.com> wrote:

> On 06/27/2010 04:53 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> > On Sunday 27 June 2010 01:31 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:
>
> > Would it be a worthwhile feature request? Then I would file an RFE
> > on the bugzilla.
> >

> Curious - How would you want it to behave differently than marking
> it as junk mail ?

One use would be when one of these "Top posting Is evil"/"Top posting
is the salvation of our civilization" threads get going on this list.
IIRC, KMail has (or had) a feature that would mark any new messages in
such a thread as having been read on arrival. Good for the blood
pressure.

-- cmg

Old 06-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Tim

On Sun, 2010-06-27 at 17:28 -0400, Carroll Grigsby wrote:
> IIRC, KMail has (or had) a feature that would mark any new messages in
> such a thread as having been read on arrival. Good for the blood
> pressure.

And bad for the brain... You can't tell apart the ignored and unread,
from the has been read. Which is really annoying when you need to
un-ignore a thread, for whatever reason.

Ignore flagging should be completely separate.

--
[tim@localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.