Old 06-27-2010, 08:31 PM
Robert Nichols

Default Thunderbird shortcut for "Ignore thread"

On 06/27/2010 11:31 AM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> Hi Robert,
>
> On Sunday 27 June 2010 08:53 AM, Robert Nichols wrote:

>>> All that does is delete the current thread, which is not what the OP
>>> asked about. The requirement is to filter the thread, not just current
>>> messages but future messages in the same thread.
>>
>> While viewing any message in the thread, press the letter "k" on the
>> keyboard. It's a shortcut for Message->Ignore Thread. A red circle
>> with a diagonal slash will appear at the top of the thread, and you
>> won't see that thread again.
>>

> During my relatively short google search I ran across this suggestion.
> It doesn't work for me. I have other thunderbird keyboard shortcuts
> working. Do you have any suggestions what might be wrong?

OK, that's a newsgroup function, not available for a mailbox. Sorry.
I read this list as a newsgroup on nntp://news.gmane.org and frequently
overlook that distinction.

Do NOT delete it.

Old 06-27-2010, 08:53 PM
Suvayu Ali

On Sunday 27 June 2010 01:31 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:
>>> While viewing any message in the thread, press the letter "k" on the
>>> >>

>> > During my relatively short google search I ran across this suggestion.
>> > It doesn't work for me. I have other thunderbird keyboard shortcuts
>> > working. Do you have any suggestions what might be wrong?
> OK, that's a newsgroup function, not available for a mailbox. Sorry.
> I read this list as a newsgroup onnntp://news.gmane.org and frequently
> overlook that distinction.

Would it be a worthwhile feature request? Then I would file an RFE on
the bugzilla.

--
Suvayu

Old 06-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Genes MailLists

On 06/27/2010 04:53 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
> On Sunday 27 June 2010 01:31 PM, Robert Nichols wrote:

> Would it be a worthwhile feature request? Then I would file an RFE on
> the bugzilla.

Curious - How would you want it to behave differently than marking it
as junk mail ?