Old 05-22-2010, 07:23 PM
Henry Wyatt

Default Bios

I have hp dv6000 series laptop running fc12 86_64.* According to setup I have phoenix bios version f.42

Just want to know bios date and how to flash bios with more recent version.

Also running fedora only no windows

--
Henry E. Wyatt, Jr.
135 Main St. Apt. 604

Old 05-22-2010, 10:07 PM
Larry Brower

Henry Wyatt wrote:
> I have hp dv6000 series laptop running fc12 86_64. According to setup I
> have phoenix bios version f.42
>
> Just want to know bios date and how to flash bios with more recent version.
>
> Also running fedora only no windows

This is not the correct list for this BIOS is independent of the
OS. You should be referencing your MOBO's instruction manual or
website for assistance.

Old 05-22-2010, 10:18 PM
"Robert G. (Doc) Savage"

On Sat, 2010-05-22 at 15:23 -0400, Henry Wyatt wrote:
> I have hp dv6000 series laptop running fc12 86_64. According to setup
> I have phoenix bios version f.42
>
> Just want to know bios date and how to flash bios with more recent
> version.
>
> Also running fedora only no windows

Henry,

Google is your friend. Search for "HP DV6000 BIOS update" to find:

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01087277&lc=en&cc=us#c01087277_b ios

When you drill down for the HP Pavilion dv6000z CTO laptop you'll find
that the most current BIOS is "2009-03-25 , Version:F.42, 3.13M".

I believe you already have the most recent BIOS.

--Doc Savage
Fairview Heights, IL

Old 09-18-2012, 03:53 PM
lina

Hi,

I reboot several times but still can't enter into the BIOS menu,

I tried F2, ESC, F9.

http://wiki.debian.org/BIOS

Here the DEL == Delete ?

Thanks,

Old 09-18-2012, 03:55 PM
lina

On Tuesday 18,September,2012 11:53 PM, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I reboot several times but still can't enter into the BIOS menu,
>
> I tried F2, ESC, F9.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/BIOS
>
> Here the DEL == Delete ?
>

> Thanks,

I wish to do the following:

https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/6/html/Virtualization_Administration_Guide/sect-Virtualization-Troubleshooting-Enabling_Intel_VT_and_AMD_V_virtualization_hardwar e_extensions_in_BIOS.html

Thanks,

Old 09-18-2012, 03:57 PM
Darac Marjal

On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:53:17PM +0800, lina wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I reboot several times but still can't enter into the BIOS menu,
>
> I tried F2, ESC, F9.
>
> http://wiki.debian.org/BIOS
>
> Here the DEL == Delete ?

Yes, as opposed to the backspace key.

If in doubt, check the manual for your motherboard/computer. That will
tell you how to enter the BIOS menu.

Old 09-18-2012, 03:59 PM
lina

On Tuesday 18,September,2012 11:57 PM, Darac Marjal wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:53:17PM +0800, lina wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I reboot several times but still can't enter into the BIOS menu,
>>
>> I tried F2, ESC, F9.
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/BIOS
>>
>> Here the DEL == Delete ?
>
> Yes, as opposed to the backspace key.
>
> If in doubt, check the manual for your motherboard/computer. That will
> tell you how to enter the BIOS menu.

It's Ctr-S. haha ... Thanks,

Best regards,

Old 09-18-2012, 04:04 PM
lina

On Tuesday 18,September,2012 11:57 PM, Darac Marjal wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 18, 2012 at 11:53:17PM +0800, lina wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I reboot several times but still can't enter into the BIOS menu,
>>
>> I tried F2, ESC, F9.
>>
>> http://wiki.debian.org/BIOS
>>
>> Here the DEL == Delete ?
>
> Yes, as opposed to the backspace key.
>
> If in doubt, check the manual for your motherboard/computer. That will
> tell you how to enter the BIOS menu.

It's still not so "readable" for me.

It's HP Ethernet Boot Agent V9.4.5

There is MBA Configuration Menu with

PXE boot protocol
Setup Key Stroke Ctrl-S

I still don't know how to enable Intel VT-x and AMD-V virtualization
hardware extensions in BIOS

Ooops ... this desktop use the nvidia card seems, I will check soon.

Thanks,

Old 09-18-2012, 04:08 PM
lina

The origin problem is that when I used the virtualbox. it showed me

... This kernel requires an x86-64 CPU, but only detected an i686 CPU.
Unable to boot – please use a kernel appropriate for your CPU ...

Later google lead me to this page:

http://hereirestinremorse.wordpress.com/virtualbox/this-kernel-requires-an-x86-64-cpu-but-only-detected-an-i686-cpu-unable-to-boot-please-use-a-kernel-appropriate-for-your-cpu/

Shall enable the Intel VT-x/AMD-V from BIOS is the right solution for it.

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: NVIDIA Corporation G73GL [Quadro FX
560] (rev a1)

Is it related?

Thanks again,

Best regards,

Old 09-18-2012, 04:17 PM
lina

Furthermore, the root of this problem is that,

today I felt my laptop acting a bit retard, and something not as usual
happened. Like:

1] the ifconfig shows the IP, but still failed to connect the web. At
that time I just reboot and it worked.

2] Today, another thing acting not as before, it's acroread.

some toolbar of the acroread was just "gone", in the past it always had,
I didn't do any update, later everytime I start the acroread, I need
"Reset Toolbars" by click the right button.