Old 07-25-2008, 03:48 AM
"Abhishek Dasgupta"

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 5:14 AM, Allan McRae <allan@archlinux.org> wrote:
> Pierre Schmitz wrote:
>>
>> Hi TUs,
>>
>> I would like to orphan some packages I don't use anymore. If you want to
>> adopt them just drop a line or contact me.
>>
>> The packages are:

I'd like to take gamin.

--
Abhishek

Old 07-25-2008, 11:27 AM
Pierre Schmitz

I orphaned it. There is a bugreport, too: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10989

--

Pierre Schmitz

Clemens-August-Straße 76
53115 Bonn

Telefon 0228 9716608
Mobil 0160 95269831
Jabber pierre@jabber.archlinux.de
WWW http://www.archlinux.de

Old 07-25-2008, 02:41 PM
"Abhishek Dasgupta"

2008/7/25 Pierre Schmitz <pierre@archlinux.de>:
> Am Freitag 25 Juli 2008 05:48:04 schrieb Abhishek Dasgupta:
>> I'd like to take gamin.
>
> I orphaned it. There is a bugreport, too: http://bugs.archlinux.org/task/10989

Thanks for mentioning the bugreport! I've
reported the (possible) solution upstream.

--
Abhishek

Old 07-25-2008, 03:19 PM
Jaroslav Lichtblau

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 01:25:25AM +0200, Pierre Schmitz wrote:
> Hi TUs,
>
> I would like to orphan some packages I don't use anymore. If you want to adopt
> them just drop a line or contact me.

> Greetings,
>
> Pierre
> --

I'm interested in kdesvn.
Jaroslav

Old 07-25-2008, 08:17 PM
Pierre Schmitz

Am Freitag 25 Juli 2008 17:19:58 schrieb Jaroslav Lichtblau:
> I'm interested in kdesvn.

Have fun. :-) Btw: I think you can you grab the packges without the need that
I orphan them, right?

Old 07-25-2008, 08:38 PM
"Jason Pyeron"

Friday humor:

Use a 900 number, like 1-900-PAY-4LOG (729-4564).

> Are there any recommendations on what should be done in this
> circumstance or am I fretting unduly?
>
> Regards,
>
> --
> *** E-Mail is NOT a SECURE channel ***
> James B. Byrne mailto:ByrneJB@Harte-Lyne.ca
> Harte & Lyne Limited http://www.harte-lyne.ca
> 9 Brockley Drive vox: +1 905 561 1241
> Hamilton, Ontario fax: +1 905 561 0757
> Canada L8E 3C3

- -
- Jason Pyeron PD Inc. http://www.pdinc.us -
- Principal Consultant 10 West 24th Street #100 -
- +1 (443) 269-1555 x333 Baltimore, Maryland 21218 -
- -

privileged, proprietary, or otherwise private information. If you
have received it in error, purge the message from your system and
notify the sender immediately. Any other use of the email by you
is prohibited.

Old 07-25-2008, 09:18 PM
James

Hello,

As I seem to have a natural ability to not find the best
/(most accurate) information regarding video cards and drivers,
I thought I'd ask here.

I just inherited a new friend (with a gentoo) system
that has this entry in the make.conf file:
VIDEO_CARDS="radeon vesa"

lspci shows this:
01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc
RS480 [Radeon Xpress 200G Series]

So I'm thinking of switching the machine to the ati-drivers.

Are there any other options?

I do not see a radeon driver (using eix radeon)

so I guess the choices are ati-drivers or vesa?

I think the system is running on a vesa driver, although
I do not really know the command syntax to discern
exactly which video driver the system is using.

Any suggestions are welcome.

James

Old 07-25-2008, 10:31 PM
"Mark Knecht"

On Fri, Jul 25, 2008 at 2:18 PM, James <wireless@tampabay.rr.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> As I seem to have a natural ability to not find the best
> /(most accurate) information regarding video cards and drivers,
> I thought I'd ask here.
>

> I just inherited a new friend (with a gentoo) system
> that has this entry in the make.conf file:
> VIDEO_CARDS="radeon vesa"
>

> lspci shows this:
> 01:05.0 VGA compatible controller: ATI Technologies Inc
> RS480 [Radeon Xpress 200G Series]
>
> So I'm thinking of switching the machine to the ati-drivers.
>
> Are there any other options?
>

> I do not see a radeon driver (using eix radeon)
>
> so I guess the choices are ati-drivers or vesa?
>
> I think the system is running on a vesa driver, although
> I do not really know the command syntax to discern
> exactly which video driver the system is using.
>

> Any suggestions are welcome.
>
> James

The radeon driver is in the kernel/xorg-X11. The ati-drivers package
is closed source, proprietary stuff. did you do an lsmod to see what
module is running?

- Mark

Old 07-26-2008, 08:04 AM
"Arvind Marathe"

On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Andrei Popescu
<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon,14.Jul.08, 20:44:32, Celejar wrote:
>
>> Note that Gmail can be used via POP or IMAP, without the web interface,
>
> I'm wondering, did any of you have problems lately with that? Quite
> often in the last weeks I get a mail from my getmail cronjob that my
> password was rejected.

I am trying to configure getmail to retrieve mails to my local machine
from my gmail account. I have enabled imap in gmail. Also i have been
using getmail to retrieve mail from my workplace account for a long
time, so i am sure getmail is working fine. Following is my
getmailrc-gmail

[retriever]
type = SimpleIMAPRetriever
server = imap.google.com
username = bahuroopi
password = mypassword

[destination]
type = MDA_external
path = /usr/bin/procmail
arguments = ("-f", "%(sender)", "-m", "$HOME/.procmailrc")

However i get the following error:

arvind@laasya:~/.getmail$ getmail -n -r getmailrc-gmail
getmail version 4.7.8
Copyright (C) 1998-2007 Charles Cazabon. Licensed under the GNU GPL version 2.
SimpleIMAPRetriever:bahuroopi@imap.google.com:143:
getmailrc-gmail: error resolving name ((-2, 'Name or service not known'))
0 messages (0 bytes) retrieved, 0 skipped

If i change to SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever, i get the error:

SimpleIMAPSSLRetriever:bahuroopi@imap.google.com:9 93:
getmailrc-gmail: error resolving name ((-2, 'Name or service not known'))
0 messages (0 bytes) retrieved, 0 skipped

Any pointers appreciated.

TIA.

Arvind

Old 07-26-2008, 09:15 AM
"Arvind Marathe"

On Sat, Jul 26, 2008 at 1:34 PM, Arvind Marathe <bahuroopi@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 6:53 AM, Andrei Popescu
> <andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On Mon,14.Jul.08, 20:44:32, Celejar wrote:
>>
>>> Note that Gmail can be used via POP or IMAP, without the web interface,
>>
>> I'm wondering, did any of you have problems lately with that? Quite
>> often in the last weeks I get a mail from my getmail cronjob that my
>> password was rejected.
>
> I am trying to configure getmail to retrieve mails to my local machine
> from my gmail account. I have enabled imap in gmail. Also i have been
> using getmail to retrieve mail from my workplace account for a long
> time, so i am sure getmail is working fine. Following is my
> getmailrc-gmail
>
> [retriever]
> type = SimpleIMAPRetriever
> server = imap.google.com
> username = bahuroopi
> password = mypassword
>
> [destination]
> type = MDA_external
> path = /usr/bin/procmail
> arguments = ("-f", "%(sender)", "-m", "$HOME/.procmailrc")

oops! It should have been "imap.gmail.com" and not "imap.google.com" -
sorry for the noise.

Arvind