Old 07-20-2008, 02:21 PM
"damitha dilruk"

Old 07-20-2008, 05:02 PM
Andrei Popescu

On Sat,19.Jul.08, 18:43:32, Ron Johnson wrote:
> On 07/19/08 17:26, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> > On Sat,19.Jul.08, 12:35:37, Paul Johnson wrote:
> [snip]
> >> Decrease the frequency at which you check your mail?
> >
> > I just did (from 5 to 15 min). Let's see if this helps.
>
> If that helps, then you didn't cure the problem, only mask it. I
> say that because I've been doing 5 minute fetchmail pulls for 4
> years, and it works like a charm.

In the last reject there was this link:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=14257

My getmailrc also didn't use the full email as username (which is also
mentioned there). I'll wait for about a week and then put gmail back on
5 min., because I retrieve mail using a small self-backed script which
ensures I don't have two instances at a time.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)

Old 07-20-2008, 06:54 PM
Alan Mackenzie

Hi, everybody,

I've got the problem fixed. In my kernel config, I'd forgotten to
include a driver for my VIA "low speed" IDE controller. I've put that
in, and I can now read CDs/DVDs (and probably burn them too).

I've stuck with the traditional /dev/hd[a-z] drivers for all the reasons
I've ranted about in other posts.

Thanks indeed to everybody who helped me get sorted!

--
Alan Mackenzie (Nuremberg, Germany).

Old 07-21-2008, 03:40 PM
max

That reply/reply all is a blessing and a curse :^)